Memory: 1024MB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP
Free Disk Space: 95.9GB
Display Card Memory: 256MB
Display Driver Version: 6.14.10.9371
DirectX Version 9.0c
Optical Drive: DVD
Sound Card: Realtek AC97 Audio

i just got the new flight sim x and am having some problems. i can play the game under med low settings but i cannot get the settings up to where i want them to reach the full potential of the game. i dont know a lot about pc's but i do know the pc is a decent comp. anybody have any ideas on what i should do next to try and fix the problem. if i try to boost up the settings now the game runs at like 5-10 frames a sec. so it is very choppy. thanks for the help. oh and if i need to replace anything based off of sugstions i will post the things for sale in the for sale section.

probably need a new video card. Are you running agp or pci-e? If pci-e, get some xmas money and get a 7600gt, they will run you around 125 shipped off newegg and will pretty much run anything out right now at medium-high settings. If you are running agp, you'll have to look at the 7300 or something, I'm not sure, and maybe someone else can help clear what the top AGP cards you can get in either agp or pci-e. But its the video card. gig of ram is enough.

Under low settings, that setup should be fine, but that can't handle high settings in Flight Sim X. Flight Sim in general is a choppy game, even high end PC's don't get very good framerates.

To play that game on high settings, you're gonna need almost an entirely new PC.

Processor - The one you have now looks ok, but get a Core2Duo if you wanna upgrade, those are the best kind out right now
Motherboard - Get one that has a PCI express slot, this will enable you to buy the latest graphics cards. (and obviously is compatible with your processor)
Graphics - The 7600GT is a good deal:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130062
And you'll need at least 1 GB of quality RAM.

If you just wanna try to upgrade this PC, check out this graphics card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150210

Back
Top Bottom