At what point do you need an upgraded PSU for a new GPU?

SuxoR

What choice did I have?..
I'm looking to get a new video card in the near future but I don't know my price range since I might have to get a new power supply

So can anyone tell me at what point do you have to get a new PSU?

Example: from the 9800 on

Thanks guys sorry if this is confusing

You would definately have to buy a new power supply.That computer would definately have PCIE,What kind of graphics card were you looking on getting?

Not even sure it's sooo confusing

Some say this card is better than that one even though the other is 1gb and the other is 512 there's gddr3 and gddr5 blah blah

idk yet :]

Some cards will always be better than others. Also, memory (512MB vs 1GB and so on) don't exactly declare which one is better. A 512 card can beat a 1GB card...a 1 GB card can beat a 2GB card.

Well thanks for the help Neo, I mostly game and watch movies the most demanding game I have is COD4 but I don't need anything too great but a worthy investment, I won't buy another card for a year or two...

You guys ever feel like you get a card and it's outdated a few months later? I don't want that feeling and I'm in school so I don't have a huge budget, but I'm willing to spend on a great deal :]

Yeah,Hardware is outdated within a few months of it's release :(.

Ok,Well i recomend the Ati Radeon 3850 - $98 Shipped to you dorr

OR

The nVidia 8600GT - $87 Shipped to your door.

Now you will need to upgrade your PSU,I Recomend the Antec Basiq - $40 Shipped to your door :D

wow that's really cheap for a video card no? Wonder if it can handle games nicely in wide screen?

heh sounds too good to be true, sorry to bug too

Back
Top Bottom