Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-26-2016, 06:35 PM   #1
BSOD

Default What PC case do you use...and why?

I have 6 machines in these cases, best I have found. Fantastic cooling, interior sound absorbing mats, roomy enough for anything, and top connections means never reaching around or trying to see back mounted IO. They stay very very clean inside too which is a plus in my book.
On mine I covered the front in a single sheet of carbon fiber wrap and it is very understated and elegant in it's simplicity. There is a small rectangle that is slit into the front to allow the bd disc burner to open.

Technician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:04 AM   #2
Wizard of Wires

Default Re: What PC case do you use...and why?

I have the Antec P280 case. It's huge. It's very heavy. It's quiet. More room than you'll ever need. Excellent cable management design. Your wiring goes behind the mother board plate.

My sites down right now so I can't post a pic, but here's the link to the Antec page about it. P280 - antec.com

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 01:42 AM   #3
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
I have the Antec P280 case. It's huge. It's very heavy. It's quiet. More room than you'll ever need. Excellent cable management design. Your wiring goes behind the mother board plate.

My sites down right now so I can't post a pic, but here's the link to the Antec page about it. P280 - antec.com
That's a nice case, I have done builds in that case before. I personally don't like doors on the front, but if you don't mind them or even like / prefer them it's a good solid case. It's a lot like the P70 that I personally prefer, but with a door for those that prefer the drives to be behind a door. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:15 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

This is the case I have. It came with the kit I purchased from Tiger Direct to build my machine a few years ago now. Not very happy with it to be honest. When I built the machine I also had a closed-loop water cooler for the CPU and the radiator did not fit in the case without much finagling. The drive bay covers on the front also fall inside really easily. And, since the mic/headphone jacks are directly above the 5" bays, my headphone cable always blocks the disc drive. For it's mid-size, it's surprisingly not very roomy inside.

I probably need an upgrade in this area.
crazyman143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:32 AM   #5
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman143 View Post

This is the case I have. It came with the kit I purchased from Tiger Direct to build my machine a few years ago now. Not very happy with it to be honest. When I built the machine I also had a closed-loop water cooler for the CPU and the radiator did not fit in the case without much finagling. The drive bay covers on the front also fall inside really easily. And, since the mic/headphone jacks are directly above the 5" bays, my headphone cable always blocks the disc drive. For it's mid-size, it's surprisingly not very roomy inside.

I probably need an upgrade in this area.
There are a lot of cases with the audio jacks on the top, then you can run it over the side and down and it isn't across the front. Cougar has a couple even, the Pioneer comes to mind, but as I recall it's also a mid tower.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:13 AM   #6
Wizard of Wires

Site's back up. The first shot is current configuration. The second of the back side of the mother board plate is right after building it. The SSD and other 2 HD hadn't been installed yet.

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:22 AM   #7
Fully Optimized

NZXT H440.

Great case. It has inbuilt sound dampening material.
The PSU is hidden away in some soft of cage. Makes it look neat.
It has no 5 1/4 inch bays. So no DVD drives. Makes it taller than it is wide.
And in general, just a nice sleek case.

However it's airflow isn't great. So if you want to build an overclocking monster, this isn't it.
I have actually taken the window out to not thermal throttle one of my GPU's.
My next GPU upgrade is not gonna be a SLI solution.

It also "only" fits 3 HDD's and 2 SSD's. So if you need more than that, this case isn't for you ether.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:20 PM   #8
Daemon Poster

Antec Three Hundred Illusion.
Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

I needed a case and this one was on sale at the time. It has two front intake fans, a rear exhaust fan, and a top exhaust fan. I added an additional 120mm intake fan to the side panel. Wire management is almost non-existant but I have all the extra cables in a jumble on the bottom of the case out of the airflow.
TrotterTech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:21 PM   #9
Fully Optimized

I have an Antec 900. It was inexpensive and does everything I need it to do so can't see spending substantially more for minimum improvement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg antec900.jpeg (26.9 KB, 3 views)
strollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 03:12 PM   #10
Baseband Member

Storm StrykerImageUploadedByComputer Forums1458425272.980525.jpg

I use it because the huge space. Never have to worry about component size and the air flow is great. It also has a great look to it. Not to mention the built in fan controller and super sturdy construction. Also has good radiator support and plenty of drive bays. It even has the often overlooked vertical gpu mount so you can actually see the beauty of your cards.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

rocketman25 is offline   Reply With Quote