What is overclocking your CPU?

TibsBeatAll said:
There's a little clock inside a Computer chip Processor. When you "overclock" it you're basically using software to turn the clock around and around. So through some unexplained part of physics, time turns quicker within the processor. So it's part theory of relativity, and part computer genius. Because you're making the clock inside spin faster, time outside slows down. At least to the computer chip, so its moving faster when viewed by us. The extra heat output is an unexplained phenomena that no one still can explain to this day.
Kidding. :D That website is good.

LMAO!!!
kinda like when my cusion told his little sister that microwaves work becaues of the little leprechans in there with matches....

Don't listen to those who say there's no need to overclock.

LIESSSSS all of themmmm.

There is no such thing as "no need to overclock". Those 4 words must never be placed together in that order. It can be, OH "no! Need to Overclock!!" But nothing else.

I'm rambling. If you need any help in overclocking, its good to understand the Fsb's and multipliers and all that good stuff first. And hopefully you're good with entering and changing stuff in the BIOS too. I remember firs time i went into the BIOS i was scared. All blue and stuff :D

and make sure you have like an automatic fall back settings, just in case u overclock too much and cause overheating. Nothing like that one time my fall back settings failed, and my computer would repeatedly crash before i could underclock it again. Sighhh, it took liquid cooling just to make it run for the 10 seconds i needed to change it back.

So, yeah. overclocking can be dangerous. Like leprechauns :D

Overclock is a function your processing hardware, like CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.

It's basically telling the processing device to calculate more than it's set to. Usually, there's no bitching. It will do it without problems, until a certain speed.

Back
Top Bottom