what is over clocking and how do i do it???

I notice your a very rude moderator, I didnt contribute to the thread because I'm just learning how to overclock to, So I cant contribute. Think before you speak...

Also, if you want to overclock a lot, you'll have to buy more high end components like ram and cooling devices. Overclocking a cpu is basically increasing the voltage and multiplier on it to get more speed out of it. The downside to that is more heat. You'll have to have excellent cooling on your cpu so that it doesn't get too hot and get destroyed.

if you have an Intel processor the RAM is of little consequence when it comes to overclocking, really fast RAM plays a much more important role overclocking AMD processors where there is no limiting FSB...

and many decent overclocks can be achieved without ever touching the voltage, for a beginning overclocker that is actually what I would recommend, seeing how far you can push the cpu without any voltage increases, the voltage increase is really the only part of overclocking that can damage your cpu and is sometimes not even needed, especially for a mild overclock...

I notice your a very rude moderator, I didnt contribute to the thread because I'm just learning how to overclock to, So I cant contribute. Think before you speak...

That's one moderator you have called rude and one that you have called vulgar. Maybe it is you that should learn how to speak.

If you don't know about overclocking, I would NOT recommend doing so. You can easily destroy computer parts by overclocking if you don't know what you are doing.
He's interested in learning Tommy boy, and if he does extensive research he then could be able to overclock. That's why were here Tommy Boy.... To help him learn.
Newbie vs Moderator i wonder who will win
Newbie 1 - 0 Tommy Boy :D

It is extremely difficult to damage components when overclocking. Modern hardware will shut down if excessive temperatures are reached, and even that can only happen when voltages are set to stupid values. You'd have to have zero common sense to damage a CPU when overclocking it. Even GPUs will artifact before any damage is caused. NO modern CPU is going to be destroyed by overheating, not unless you purposefully try to.

Just read a few guides so that you know the basic functions of the BIOS and what they do. Leave the voltages at manual settings and work it out for yourself from there. We've all been in the same situation as OP.

Thelis, You are extremely vulgar, If you looked at how you speak about girl's and how you speak to other people you would understand why I called you Vulgar and you have said many thing's on this forum and on other communications that are extremely vulgar and should of been said, and a moderator shouldnt speak to a guest on his forum if he doesnt want people leaving, That's why I called him rude. I was simply saying that we are here to help not to stop someone from doing something. And he has no right to deny someone to doing something and told me to bequiet in reither rude way.

That's one moderator you have called rude and one that you have called vulgar. Maybe it is you that should learn how to speak.

a question I have is how old are some of the moderators...? TB can definitely be rude at times, if being a mod gives you carte blanche to post whatever, whenever that's a pretty immature way to handle any type of authority...

he closed a thread I had about a negative rep I got that everyone else took one way (the way it was intended to be taken) and he jumped in and closed the thread posting some gibberish about "whining about rep", maybe he was buddies with the poster that initiated my post or his perception of the world is a little bit different than everyone else's, who knows, I didn't really care either way, but just because you're a mod doesn't mean that vulgar or rude things you post aren't vulgar and rude because of your board status, they are what they are and stand on their own merits whether you're a mod or not...

Thelis, You are extremely vulgar, If you looked at how you speak about girl's and how you speak to other people you would understand why I called you Vulgar and you have said many thing's on this forum and on other communications that are extremely vulgar and should of been said, and a moderator shouldnt speak to a guest on his forum if he doesnt want people leaving, That's why I called him rude. I was simply saying that we are here to help not to stop someone from doing something. And he has no right to deny someone to doing something and told me to bequiet in reither rude way.

http://www.buzzin.net/english/nouns.htm

http://www.englishgrammarsecrets.com/shouldhave/menu.php

http://dictionary.reference.com/

a question I have is how old are some of the moderators...? TB can definitely be rude at times, if being a mod gives you carte blanche to post whatever, whenever that's a pretty immature way to handle any type of authority...

he closed a thread I had about a negative rep I got that everyone else took one way (the way it was intended to be taken) and he jumped in and closed the thread posting some gibberish about "whining about rep", maybe he was buddies with the poster that initiated my post or his perception of the world is a little bit different than everyone else's, who knows, I didn't really care either way, but just because you're a mod doesn't mean that vulgar or rude things you post aren't vulgar and rude because of your board status, they are what they are and stand on their own merits whether you're a mod or not...

I wasn't implying that the status of the things we say is changed just because we are mods... Ask anyone that was on this forum back when I was a member. I have always been true to my word and stayed as "one of the guys." In fact, I was one of the biggest supporters to get Maurice demoted due to his special treatment. What I am saying is that certain new members need to take their time and to learn the forum and the people that are members here before making generalized, badly spelled, blanket statements.

Back
Top Bottom