What must be plugged on for the power to come on

mslpanthers

Baseband Member
I am working on a computer, its a first, and i cant find wat cord goes where. Right now I'm aiming for the power to work, like the fan.

What must be plugged up and in.

I know the cpu must be hooked to the motherboard and stuff but does the HDD and CDROM and FLOPPY must be plugged up right for the power to come on? Any help will be appreciated.

Erm... Just plug your power supply to the mobo, if not connected. Then plug the three dots into the Power supply

You need to get your motherboard setup first. Install CPU and RAM. Get that motherboard plugged in. Then plug in all the case wires to the motherboard such as the power switch, LED lights, reset switch, speakers, etc. Plug the power cord into the back of the power supply and hook it up to a surge protector and you're set.

is it a old computer?
do you have any manuals with the mobo?
and dont get your hands inside while the power is on!
the power comes from your wall socket to your PSU, usualy about a 5 inch square box with a bunch of wires coming out. that bunch of wires should have a main connector block which goes onto your motherboard to give it power. also there are smaller connectors for you hdds, dvdrw, cd rom ect ect. most modern motherboards have a small lighton them that shows when the power is on.
please be carefull.
woz

If you just wanna get some juice to your motherboard, all you need is to plug it to your power supply and plug the power supply to the wall. Now to know you're getting power, you might want to hook up the fans and lights and whatnot, otherwise you might not know if there's any power getting to it.

Back
Top Bottom