What motherboard and processor?????

Shadow_Vane

Beta member
I am in the process of purchasing a new motherboard and processor. I am currently using a Pentium 4 1.6 GHz and an AOpen motherboard. I was thinking of buying a pentium 4 2.26 GHz but i am not sure. I have 756 Mb of SDRAM and i'm am using Windows XP Home. I want to know what motherboard is best for me to get with my system. Can someone plz help me. And i dont know much about motherboards so please explain! lol.........thanks a lot guys

Shadow_Vane said:
I am in the process of purchasing a new motherboard and processor. I am currently using a Pentium 4 1.6 GHz and an AOpen motherboard. I was thinking of buying a pentium 4 2.26 GHz but i am not sure. I have 756 Mb of SDRAM and i'm am using Windows XP Home. I want to know what motherboard is best for me to get with my system. Can someone plz help me. And i dont know much about motherboards so please explain! lol.........thanks a lot guys

Seen as though you didnt give us a price range, have a look on the 2 sites below, look at the motherboard (they are all for Intel CPU's) and pick on you like. The post it here and we'll check it its compatable and if its good.

EBuyer UK

and

Overclockers UK

They are the direct links to each sites Intel CPU compatable motherboards
:)

hmmmmm

I was looking at the motherboards and by the looks of it I like the Intel motherboard......it only costs $126.00 canadian and it seems like a kick ass board. It is pointless for me to get an Nvidia motherboard because i have a Radeon 9700 pro video card! Thanks guys and make some requests if u wish!

Re: hmmmmm

Shadow_Vane said:
I was looking at the motherboards and by the looks of it I like the Intel motherboard......it only costs $126.00 canadian and it seems like a kick ass board. It is pointless for me to get an Nvidia motherboard because i have a Radeon 9700 pro video card! Thanks guys and make some requests if u wish!

Yeah, the Intel boards are usually good, my friend has one, had no problems with it so far. I like the Asus mobo's aswell, reliable, good quality (from what ive seen) and good prices.

Glad you found on you liked.

BTW, Which site is it off? so i can have a look at it :D

http://www.motherboards.org/
This is a good site with alot of info on all kinds of Hardware......
I think for sure i am getting an Intel Pentium 4C 2.8 GHz 800 MHz Front Side Bus and an Intel D875PBZLK I875P "Bonanza" motherboard as well as Dual Channel DDR-400 512 Mb of Ram too.........sweet

My experience

Have a real good look at specs.I have 6 pci slots,need 2 !
1 AGP,need 1.
Sound,not needed
video,not needed
It appears you are fed up with aopen board.
The asus P4B533 range might accept your cpu.It's a matter of slot type.
Comes with temp software and Intel App Accelerator.
And usb 2.

Shadow_Vane said:
I think for sure i am getting an Intel Pentium 4C 2.8 GHz 800 MHz Front Side Bus and an Intel D875PBZLK I875P "Bonanza" motherboard as well as Dual Channel DDR-400 512 Mb of Ram too.........sweet

Yeah, that will be sweet and good choice going for dual channel, usually better than just getting one stick of 1 GB
:)

Hope everything works fine for you

Shadow_Vane said:
Thats very good!

Back
Top Bottom