what motherboard?

i am going to upgrade my mobo anyway. can anyone suggest a suitable one for about £60.00-£70.00 thats $130-$150. my info is at top of page.
woz

wozelbeak said:
which winimage should idownload? 7.0 exe?
woz
doesn't really matter
hate for you to buy a new board and then be dissapointed with the same problems, but good luck.

Hmm, if it is not the memory, then there are really only two other possible problems. One is the Powersupply spiking because the capacitor is damaged or a has a leak, or the CPU is missing a clock and or the CPU is spiking with higher or lower ticks then it should, which would cause random spurts and lockups. The powersupply sounds like the culprit here, but NOW THAT I THINK OF IT!!

COOLING! If the PC is running to hot, it will lock up as a safety precaution in order to keep from burning up. Certain MOBOs have a failsafe, because when a CPU hits a critical temp, it spikes and misses ticks, or strains to perform at that speed, so the processor does a primary memory dump in its Cache to stop the stress, then resumes (sometimes) after a cooldown.

i have looked at the tempreture of the cpu and it is not near any critical zones. its not as if i am running it into the ground either. most crashes happen just after it has booted up. i am not running any games on it. it is used for internet access and email mostely. i would run games on it if i thought it would stand up to it. maybe when i get a new mobo, i will game on it.
woz

3 crashes in ten minutes this morning!
then no problems for an hour, aghhh its driving me up the wall lol.
woz

Back
Top Bottom