What is more important for you?

zero4zero

Daemon Poster
I have had computers for quite a while and I have seen them go from the 33 Mhz bus of a 386 to skyrocket speed of Pentium's IV. But for me what have made my computing and internet more enjoyable in the increase of broadband.
For you, do you find your PC speed more important than your internet speed?
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

hmmm ill always remember standing in the shop looking at the box for rainbow 6 (the first one) and it sayin it needed 32mb ram. and my computer only having 8 :( i almost cried!
that kept me playin sid meir's civilisation for a few months more :D dam fine game!..if a little old now

so i find the increase in ram memorable just due to games! internet speed is amazing but id say it is dwarfed by other hardware increases! especially the clock speeds of processors! in last decade look at the amazing things that have been done! though internet is one!

Interesting question...

I wouls have to say reguardless of the maker and the model, it has to be> reliability. There when I need it...

Hmm... I'd say that system performance is better than having a fast internet connection, because without a system, you wouldn't have the internet... and for internet games to work for example, this also helps!

I couldn't live without having broadband now though..dont see how I coped with that 56k I had agggeesss ago!

*KaGe*

for a start u wanna have a good loud surround sound system wit a nice punchin subwoofer...speed is important also...and looks in my case :) i got a side window with a load a neons and led fans :p

Reliablility, yes, that's a huge factor for me. Unfortunetly this Desknote isn't always the most reliable sucker around(I think heat's the issue) but I guess my main concern would be internet speed. As long as your computer's set up right and not loaded down, a 500MHz K6 isn't much slower than a super fast current computer. I know I can't tell much of a difference between our fastest computers and my server.

OoO :D
"i got a side window with a load a neons and led fans :p".

Like the sound of that hehe! I tend to have the side off though... but only the powersupply glows glorious R,G,B...

*KaGe*

internet speed increases is the be for me...

/me streams more p0rn :D

zero4zero u have a 6.5 meg connection? thats insane!!! i have comcast and the fastest it ever goes is 4mbps. and thats the fastest. wat isp do u use?
btw i say its both becuz u cant utilize fast internet w/o a good proc and its no fun havin a good proc if u cant play games online w/o lag

To be more specific with this question >> I would rather have a Pentium 200 Mhz with high speed internet then have a Pentium IV with a 56k modem.

Back
Top Bottom