Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-22-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Default what the? (memory problem)

okay, i know all my ram works perfectly since i ran the memtest, but whenever i put a stick in the forth slot, all i hear are long beeps and once in awhile it would just start normally. when i put any of those stick in slot 1-3, it seems to work fine, but its the 4th slot, but then again, sometimes when i restart my computer, there wont even be a post beep. i ran the memtest again and they all passed again, anybody know whats wrong? my rig is on the bottom, and i have 2 1gb and 2 512 mb, cant run dual channel since the timing is wrong, but am able to run single once in awhile, as long as i close my computer for like 5 min and turn it back on, but then i cant OC. when i run cpu-z and have all my sticks in the 4 slots (tried in every order, all i get is sometime 2 gb and sometimes 3 gb, but on cpu-z when its on 2gb the second and third are only 512, but i know one of them is 1 gb, and when its 3gb it says the 4th slot is missing one. is it the mobo or the cpu?
thanks in advance.

Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:03 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: what the? (memory problem)

i think you need a bios update .... idt your board is able to handle the memoery some boards don't play well with others (memory) so check out there fourms and such.
dell xps 700 pent d 3.8 ghz duel 7900 gtx
4gigs 800 ram
sony vaio core 2 duo t7600 radon mobility x1600
2 gigs of ram
sek3o1 is offline   Reply With Quote