what makes a connection fast?

I just did another test and these are the results.

Upload - 325 kbps
download - 526 kbps

This isn't right for a 3Mbps connection is it? I know that my best score and average are higher than this, but this is what I'm getting right now as a consistent result.

Yikes. Wireless speeds will vary depending on how strong of a signal you are getting, but those speeds a way low.

Is it possible that those speeds are wrong? I don't know much about networking or anything like that, but to give you an idea about how fast (slow, haha) my connection is: to load to the page to reply on this thread takes about 7 seconds. I don't know if that's anywhere close to 3Mbps or not.

I went to 2wire.com as well. It said my bandwidth is 400kbps.

Those speed test are subject to how many hops and how fast/slow the nodes are at each hop. I pay for 12 down and 1,5 up on a cable connection. I get 10.9 down and 1.6 up. But each speed test says something different.

Is it possible that those speeds are wrong? I don't know much about networking or anything like that, but to give you an idea about how fast (slow, haha) my connection is: to load to the page to reply on this thread takes about 7 seconds. I don't know if that's anywhere close to 3Mbps or not.

Depends what server you test your speed at, the one that recommends me is slower then the other servers at speedtest.com

are you downloading anything...? that would affect your test results...

Back
Top Bottom