What makes the Athlon 64 so good?

Well Athlon 64's do still have great performance for the money, but Core 2 Duo's offer the best bang for your buck.

alvino said:
Well Athlon 64's do still have great performance for the money, but Core 2 Duo's offer the best bang for your buck.

Sure. If you consider obsolete, slower, weaker, more power consuming hardware worthwhile. I guess that makes the Celeron D a good CPU too. $45, 2.66GHz, 64-bit. By gosh it's the CPU to buy!!! :D /sarcasm

How is the K8 an obsolete core?

Sure, if we were comparing the Core 2 to the Pentium II, you could say the PII is obsolete. The K8 is still a performing core, and even if Core 2 trumps it doesn't mean it's obsolete.

Maybe you should put away the fanboy attitude and be more open minded. :rolleyes:

Guys its simple, AMD processors run better with graphical based programs (i.e. Games, Photoshop, Video Editing software) and Intel runs better with the business type software. I am not saying that either are lacking in either areas, because no matter what they both run excellent. When it comes down to it just go with whatever processor you think will run best on your system. Me personally I am an AMD fan, but if I thought gettin an Intel would be better I would have no problem in gettin an Intel.

Heh, not with the Core 2. :D Sure, if you compared the K8 to the Prescott, it would be obvious who would win. Not with the Conroe. :D

K8 = K7 + IMC + longer pipelines + architecture tweaks
That's what the K8 really is.

Core 2 Duo = PIII + Netburst + architecture tweaks

alvino said:
How is the K8 an obsolete core?

Sure, if we were comparing the Core 2 to the Pentium II, you could say the PII is obsolete. The K8 is still a performing core, and even if Core 2 trumps it doesn't mean it's obsolete.

Maybe you should put away the fanboy attitude and be more open minded. :rolleyes:

Ok, there's this tag we call "/sarcasm". Next time, put away your fanboy attitude and L2read please. Thank you. :)

alvino said:
Oh yeah, I'm such a fanboy for liking BOTH Intel and AMD. :rolleyes:

Well seeing as how I like AMD and intel as well, and yet you mark me as an intel fanboy, then I guess the same mark should apply you as well. Seeing as how we both liek the same companies and technologies. Ever heard of "I'm rubber you're glue..." Same thign is applied here... :rolleyes: So yes, you are a fanboy. :p

Back
Top Bottom