What is lapping?

I lost about 4 degrees back when I had my E6300 and TRUE. It depends on the CPU and heatsink.

It depends on the CPU and heatsink.
I have to agree, my Q6600 and TU120e were absolutely shocking, probably why I got such a good decrease, yet my E3110 was near perfectly flat and runs at 35°C idle/59°C load at 4GHz with a lapped Zalman 9700NT

The e3110 idles at 38* right now. But I have a full tower that just fits in my desk cubby hole. I am about to swtich it desks with my old computer for airflow before I begin my oc. That or I might just mount some case fans to my desk :) Dunno about the xigmatek since I really have nothing to compare it to and no airflow.

I might lap the xigmatek though cuz ya its not flat if i remember right.

I have to agree, my Q6600 and TU120e were absolutely shocking, probably why I got such a good decrease, yet my E3110 was near perfectly flat and runs at 35°C idle/59°C load at 4GHz with a lapped Zalman 9700NT

What Vcore is the E110 at?

It's in my old P5K which i have finally pencil modded to reduce vdroop.

vcore windows idle is 1.352v, load (Prime95) is 1.344v (read with CPUz)

iirc it is set to 1.3750v in the bios (vdrop is still an issue)

I'm running 3.87 Ghz @ 1.28 idle/ 1.264 load. Gets up to around 46-50 degrees Celsius depending on room temperature. I went back to my Corsair RAM which seems to do better than my Crucial Ballistix Tracer's, which for some reason when in my system it becomes unstable after a day or two out of nowhere while being 8-hour Prime stable.

Those are nice volts and temps, have you had it at 4.0GHz at all?? 445*9 maybe? I'd dearly love to run at 500*8 but the only memory divider that offers any sort of reasonable memory speed is DDR2 1000 which is underclocking :(

I changed my DDR2 800 to DDR2 1066 because of a similar problem, it just wouldn't stay stable at DDR2 900 (I was running 450*9)

I'm Prime95 Small FFT stable but get a thread stopping at around the 2.5 hour mark when running Blend test, this weekend will be more testing.

I'm going back to 3.0GHz this afternoon after work to find the limits of the memory then back to 4.0GHz to see if it is indeed the memory or NB that is causing the error.

All the fun of the fair, I love overclocking

:D

I've booted at 4.2 Ghz, but nowhere near stable. Just taking my time raising FSB by 10 each night.

The thing with the Tracer's is that I could be 8-hour stable one day, but the next day if I try to put it under any kind of load I get errors within two seconds.

Same with Orthos/Prime95. I'm stable when I first apply the settings and Memtest runs fine, but after a while it becomes unstable out of the blue and voltages/FSB drops do nothing to add stability. I end up having to reset the CMOS.

Back
Top Bottom