What Kind of Hard Drive Should I buy

DariousBlount

Beta member
I have a program called everest but I don't know how to be certain whether or not I have two hard ports( or whatever you call them if theyre not ports).

I see 8 dollar hard drives on ebay lol.

Then if i look for the hard drives im finding on the dell page
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&mfgpid=167263&chassisid=8313
Theyre coming up for 45 dollars.

Can I buy a 2.5 inch hard drive even if I don't have a 2.5 bay? I found a good one and its really cheap.

That 90 dollar Western Digital Caviar Black HDD looks really nice. I would jump if HDDs were 8 dollars. IDK, you really would NOT want to have an internal drive out in the open... You could always buy an external drive. They cost roughly the same. Try to stay with Western Dig. 2.5 drives are what I would recommend for externals.

I would stay with 3.5 drives. They seem to cost the same for GB + RPM.

- Josh

I have a program called everest but I don't know how to be certain whether or not I have two hard ports( or whatever you call them if theyre not ports).

I see 8 dollar hard drives on ebay lol.

Then if i look for the hard drives im finding on the dell page
System Drives : Computer Components | Dell
Theyre coming up for 45 dollars.

Can I buy a 2.5 inch hard drive even if I don't have a 2.5 bay? I found a good one and its really cheap.

You're going to need to help us out with what kind of computer this will be going into. We need to know what connector it's using, either IDE (large, flat ribbon) or SATA (small, thin connector). I would recommend strongly against used drives or eBay drives. You don't know how they've been handled. I'll only buy hard drives new. As per the size, it does not matter which size you go with, but you may have trouble physically mounting a 2.5" drive in a 3.5" bay if you don't have an adapter. A 2.5" SATA drive will connect exactly like a 3.5" SATA drive, but a 2.5" IDE and a 3.5" IDE drive will NOT connect the same. Which is another reason we need to either see a picture of your motherboard, or have you post your computer.

That 90 dollar Western Digital Caviar Black HDD looks really nice. I would jump if HDDs were 8 dollars. IDK, you really would NOT want to have an internal drive out in the open... You could always buy an external drive. They cost roughly the same. Try to stay with Western Dig. 2.5 drives are what I would recommend for externals.

I would stay with 3.5 drives. They seem to cost the same for GB + RPM.

- Josh

2.5" and 3.5" drives are both classified as internal, unless they are in an external enclosure. I'm not sure what you're trying to say there. In fact, I'm incredibly confused at what you're saying.

Back
Top Bottom