Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-13-2009, 02:47 AM   #11
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 83
Default Re: What kind of graphic Card do you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
They are ancient?

I mean, why would you spend lots of money on a graphics card if the rest of your system is going to still hold you back from playing games on decent settings??
Ok, I understnad the cpu now after a bit or googling

But still cant understand why the mobo
__________________

MARIOPARTY53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:51 AM   #12
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Teny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,957
Default Re: What kind of graphic Card do you suggest?

More of the recent games uses Dual Core, and the P4 you have is an single core. So if you want to max out Crysis, good luck with that. Also, you can have an overly powerful graphics card, but you wont use it to its fullest potential since your CPU is weak and your resolution is quite low.

As for the Motherboard, you might also need to get another because the C2D or C2Q might be incompatible with your current motherboard. Can you post what motherboard you have so we can see if you can at least get an C2D?

Unless you want an AMD build, which should be cheaper when getting an mobo and CPU.
__________________

__________________
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:52 AM   #13
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: What kind of graphic Card do you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIOPARTY53 View Post
Ok, I understnad the cpu now after a bit or googling

But still cant understand why the mobo
You haven't even told us what the MB IS!

It's probably a socket 478 or LGA775 that doesn't support newer CPUs. So THAT is why.

EDIT: Teny! Ya beat me! Anyways, yes. We need to know the MB...if what's in it is a single core P4, it probably won't run anything much faster. And, yes, an AMD build would be much better for you if you are on a budget.
__________________
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz || GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 || Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 || EVGA GeForce GTX 480 || Samsung EVO 256GB SSD
my feet get cold and that gives me diarrhea sometimes - Smart_Guy
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:31 AM   #14
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 83
Default Re: What kind of graphic Card do you suggest?

My mobo-Asus PTGD1-LA
thanks I understand know
So How about this

Mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813186161
So that should be Awesome right?

Quad Cpu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103675
that should be good

Graphix card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130492
that also should be good


As for a new pc build,no
The old pc parts will be given to my mom to build a new desktop as she dosnt have a Desktop or laptop for her self
MARIOPARTY53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:38 AM   #15
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: What kind of graphic Card do you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIOPARTY53 View Post
My mobo-Asus PTGD1-LA
thanks I understand know
So How about this

Mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813186161
So that should be Awesome right?

Quad Cpu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103675
that should be good

Graphix card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130492
that also should be good


As for a new pc build,no
The old pc parts will be given to my mom to build a new desktop as she dosnt have a Desktop or laptop for her self
Ahhh. No. You can't use an intel board with an AMD CPU. What's your budget for a new computer. You have to remember, you need a CPU, MB, RAM, GPU, HDD, Optical drive, PSU, Case...

Edit: And, as for your MB, no...it's only got a 800mhz FSB and has DDR ram. Ancient
__________________
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz || GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 || Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 || EVGA GeForce GTX 480 || Samsung EVO 256GB SSD
my feet get cold and that gives me diarrhea sometimes - Smart_Guy
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:40 AM   #16
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Teny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,957
Default Re: What kind of graphic Card do you suggest?

Your motherboard, only supports Intel Pentium 4 processor up to 3.4 GHz, and Intel Pentium 4 HT processors.

So you would need an new mobo if you want to get an C2D or an C2Q, unless you want to go with AMD, which will still need an new mobo and CPU.
__________________
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:25 AM   #17
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 83
Default Re: What kind of graphic Card do you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
Ahhh. No. You can't use an intel board with an AMD CPU. What's your budget for a new computer. You have to remember, you need a CPU, MB, RAM, GPU, HDD, Optical drive, PSU, Case...

Edit: And, as for your MB, no...it's only got a 800mhz FSB and has DDR ram. Ancient
I dont want a new computer! I just want to upgrade this one to be beast!
I already got A kick ass case,4 gb ram, a 160 hardrive (which is plenty for me),etc

so I will look for a intel cpu and check back to see ifs it good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
Your motherboard, only supports Intel Pentium 4 processor up to 3.4 GHz, and Intel Pentium 4 HT processors.

So you would need an new mobo if you want to get an C2D or an C2Q, unless you want to go with AMD, which will still need an new mobo and CPU.
Alright I think i summed it up above

And i gotta thank all you who helped me here. it helped out alot


EDIT:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115041

How about this? this should be really good
MARIOPARTY53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:54 AM   #18
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Teny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,957
Default Re: What kind of graphic Card do you suggest?

Like I said, you need a new mobo if you want to use an C2D (Core 2 Duo) or an C2Q (Core 2 Quad), and what you linked is an C2Q, which is NOT compatible with your current motherboard.
If you tried that CPU with your current motherboard, and press the power button. Your computer will not POST, which means it will not start, and you will see nothing on the screen until you buy an compatible motherboard.
__________________
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:16 AM   #19
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 83
Default Re: What kind of graphic Card do you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
Like I said, you need a new mobo if you want to use an C2D (Core 2 Duo) or an C2Q (Core 2 Quad), and what you linked is an C2Q, which is NOT compatible with your current motherboard.
If you tried that CPU with your current motherboard, and press the power button. Your computer will not POST, which means it will not start, and you will see nothing on the screen until you buy an compatible motherboard.
Lol i under stand my mobo is old and i need a new one, i linked that one to put with the new mobo linked

edit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115131

this one, this should work with the listed compunets
MARIOPARTY53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:22 AM   #20
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Teny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,957
Default Re: What kind of graphic Card do you suggest?

All I see is an Processor. Are you talking about the combos?
If you are, then link the mobo from the combo too.
__________________

__________________
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0