what is an internal usb???

kevkid

Baseband Member
can any one plaese help me cuz when i bought my dell xps 700 system it said in the manual there was 2 internal usb ports??? but when i open up the case i dont see any usb ports in the inside its the weirdest thing.
go right here:

http://www.dell.com/content/product...0?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~section=specs#tabtop

it exactly says this:

Externally Accessible

* Video: 2 DVI and 1 S-Video
* IEEE 1394 - 1 front & 1 back 6-pin serial connector
* USB: 10 Ports (2 Front, 6 Back, 2 internal)
* Audio: Audio – Front: headphone, microphone; Back: line-in, line-out, microphone, surround, center/LFE; integrated HDA 7.1 ch sound
* Network: Integrated Gigabit5 Ethernet
* Legacy: 2 PS/2 Ports, 1 Serial Port
* 1 - S/P DIF out (optical)

Expansion Slots

* PCI: 3 Slots
* PCIe x1: 1 Slot
* PCIe x16 (Graphics): 2 Slots
* PCIe x8: 1 Slot

Is it on a pci card? Because my pci usb card has one internal usb plug, or look around on the mobo somewhere.

BTW, I like the way the xps 700 case looks, especially the one with the red lights on the front.

Internal means that they are on the back of the USB card or directly on the motherboard. This can be used to connect accessories inside the case if necessary.

yeah i have 6 internal, doesnt mean they are inside the case, on mine it means u have to attach a usb backplate or cable with the usb ports on the end of them to the motherboard to get acces to the 'internal' usbs.

Back
Top Bottom