What i have

Keep your cool and it'll go the long way but you've just reminded me about my Asrock board for my i3. The first one I got had a damaged CPU socket and Newegg claimed I damaged it.

I told them horseshit, I've built computers for a living and this one had been opened and returned. I went to ResellersRatings site and filed a bad review. The office got a wind of it and told me to return the board and they'll give me another one.

I've bought parts from them for years and never a complaint til then. I got the other board and it's good.

As you can see, always test first out of case.

Attachments

• S5030046.jpg
    S5030046.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 5
  • damaged.jpg
    damaged.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I have never built a computer out of the case to test it first and never had any troubles with one not working either. I can see how it would make a return easier if you didn't have to take it back apart first though.

Hey first try taking out everything you can and get to bare bones. Pull all but one stick of ram, any extra drives/DVDROMs/vid cards... anything beyond barebones. If a system boots up and then shortly after turns off, it's usually due to heat (which you've monitored) or not enough power from the PSU. As the devices power up, anything putting it over the max wattage and lights out. It may appear to be random as some parts can have different draws depending on workload.

You're onto something there. The PSU may not have enough wattage to support all.

500 watts is plenty so that's probably not your problem. Did you try the barebone hookup?

Yes, i did that yesterday. I started with the 2 gig strip. Nothing but the dvd and the harddrive. T didn't like that at all. I tried it with your old processor and with all 3gigs and addedothrr stuff to see what it would do. I wish i could tell just how many watts this combo is pulling from the pcu. Am going to support in a bit to see what they say. Will let you know, wd65 :confused:

Back
Top Bottom