Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
In Runtime
 
emperor76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 346
Default What the hell is this noise?!

Hi everyone, I just decided to install a a DVD drive I had in the cupboard because mine decided it didn't want to install Halo, thought I might as well have 2 in, I did attempt to tidy some of the wires while I was in there, now for some reason there's a constant clicking, I don't know if it's because the side is currently off or not. So I started turning the computer off, disconnecting 1 fan, then 2, then the last one apart from the cpu fan, and still the clicking remained, I was sure it would be a wire catching somewhere, I even disconnected both the dvd drives, but still the clicking sound mocks me, anyone have any idea's?
__________________

__________________
Corsair Carbide spec 3 * Gigabyte Socket 1151 * Intel I5 7600k 3.8ghz * 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133mhz * Corsair CX750 * 2gb Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix * 1TB internal Samsung spinpoint * Windows 10 home
emperor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
In Runtime
 
emperor76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 346
Default Re: What the hell is this noise?!

It's okay, I've solved it, I forgot to connect the psu to the 3.5" floppy drive, I took the side off to disconnect it and see if it's that, but found it wasn't connected, so wondered if it was trying to check the floppy drive but there was no power, I could however be completely wrong as that was just a bit of a guess, but never the less, the clicking mocks me no more!
__________________

__________________
Corsair Carbide spec 3 * Gigabyte Socket 1151 * Intel I5 7600k 3.8ghz * 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133mhz * Corsair CX750 * 2gb Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix * 1TB internal Samsung spinpoint * Windows 10 home
emperor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
The Candyman
 
~mr mixx~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,310
Default Re: What the hell is this noise?!

Good to see you solved this, yep one little thing missed and your computer isn't happy. I have a Dvd that has simulated slot machines you can play & even have bonus's just like the casino's.

Anyways, it won't install on my computer because it's scratched. I can't wait til scratchless cd's & dvd's come out. Well it never hurts to dream.
__________________
" Let the music move you "
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #4
Golden Master
 
BK_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,532
Default Re: What the hell is this noise?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~mr mixx~ View Post
Good to see you solved this, yep one little thing missed and your computer isn't happy. I have a Dvd that has simulated slot machines you can play & even have bonus's just like the casino's.

Anyways, it won't install on my computer because it's scratched. I can't wait til scratchless cd's & dvd's come out. Well it never hurts to dream.
I always create ISO's of my games incase the disc decides to stop working and if I want to reinstall it I have a backup. A program like ImgBurn can do the trick.
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #5
In Runtime
 
emperor76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 346
Default Re: What the hell is this noise?!

Thanks, after all that, the dvd drive I put in, turned out to be more useless than the one that was already in, so after all that, it go me no where, I do normally look after my games, but this was 80p in cash converters and was like that already, thought for that price it was worth the risk, annoyingly the laptop installs it, do you think I would be able to create and iso of the disk in it's current state? it always get's stuck at about 67%, it's one of the sound files
__________________
Corsair Carbide spec 3 * Gigabyte Socket 1151 * Intel I5 7600k 3.8ghz * 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133mhz * Corsair CX750 * 2gb Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix * 1TB internal Samsung spinpoint * Windows 10 home
emperor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #6
In Runtime
 
emperor76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 346
Default Re: What the hell is this noise?!

Just answered my own question, tried with both drives in the desktop to no avail, then tried the laptop and still no joy
__________________
Corsair Carbide spec 3 * Gigabyte Socket 1151 * Intel I5 7600k 3.8ghz * 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133mhz * Corsair CX750 * 2gb Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix * 1TB internal Samsung spinpoint * Windows 10 home
emperor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:41 AM   #7
Golden Master
 
BK_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,532
Default Re: What the hell is this noise?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperor76 View Post
Thanks, after all that, the dvd drive I put in, turned out to be more useless than the one that was already in, so after all that, it go me no where, I do normally look after my games, but this was 80p in cash converters and was like that already, thought for that price it was worth the risk, annoyingly the laptop installs it, do you think I would be able to create and iso of the disk in it's current state? it always get's stuck at about 67%, it's one of the sound files
It isn't possible to create an ISO image of a drive..
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
The Candyman
 
~mr mixx~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,310
Default Re: What the hell is this noise?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
I always create ISO's of my games incase the disc decides to stop working and if I want to reinstall it I have a backup. A program like ImgBurn can do the trick.
Man, what a great idea. I wish i would have thought of that when I bought the disc.
__________________
" Let the music move you "
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #9
In Runtime
 
emperor76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 346
Default Re: What the hell is this noise?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
It isn't possible to create an ISO image of a drive..
I meant an ISO image of Halo
__________________

__________________
Corsair Carbide spec 3 * Gigabyte Socket 1151 * Intel I5 7600k 3.8ghz * 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133mhz * Corsair CX750 * 2gb Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix * 1TB internal Samsung spinpoint * Windows 10 home
emperor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0