WHAT THE HECK HIGH PING!! lol

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
okay yeah ive read that you cant really do much about high ping, whats anything that you can do? i get like 50 pings from servers 50 miles away!!! i used to get 10's!!! it seemed to happen outta nowhere, but what can be the cause? program? how can i check if there's anything interfering? :confused:

i got a 40-70 ping from google! thats high.. lol from ask.com i get 35-40
o yeah and im using direct from the modem to my computer basically, well its connected to the router then to my computer from a wire from the router

wow mine suck the lowest i could find was about 50-53 with my ISP's website!! but i stayed in the 40-45 range on sony's website oh and i get some error of too many using that tool absynth,

Ping yahoo.com and your going to find your good ping rates.

Trust me, I'm getting 45-30ms from Google and I'm on Verizon Fios.
Yahoo I get a 21-23ms. So Big difference.

And if you think you have bad Ping, when I play AoC they have Latency spikes where they hit 4800ms-10000ms latency which is VERY bad lag.

Try Yahoo and it should make you feel good.

ok guys what exactly is ping ?

dont wonna sound like a noob or anything i "think" its the time that a packet takes to get from you to a server and back ???

could be way off there maybe not a packet but a ping or just a request from a server ??

if so what realistic effects does having a high ping have i mean 60ms is milli seconds right ?? thats not really that high and realisticly if were talking browsing speed then surely 60ms wont matter when the average website probably contains a few 100 kb of data ??

im prob way off can someone explain

Back
Top Bottom