What the heck is this?

denverstanley

Beta member
Okay deleted some old files and programs and one which was an old Nortan prgram.

After I deleted and rebooted everytime I do start up my computer acts like it's in safe mode and I can't get out (crazy colors and the screen is messed up) but can still work on the computer? Each site is slow to open and the graphics on each page do not all show up also.

Virus related or just stuck in a safe mode?

Did u delete some video card related stuff? Coz those kind of problems usually come when u have no drivers on ur vid card.

So yeah, just install the drivers and u should be fine.

Most likely when you deleted a program it took out a shared DLL file. In this case it proabley was a video driver DLL.
If you just go through and delete files and programs with out going through add/remove programs or using the target program's uninstaller you run in to this problem. So the guys called this one right. Reinstall the video drivers and then run sfc /scannow after. Make sure your xp cd is in the drive. This checks the system dll files along with other protected files to make sure none are damaged or gone. If it finds any it will replace them. And there is a space between the sfc and the /scannow.

run msconfig and go to win.ini and system.ini and make sure everything is selected

Back
Top Bottom