What happened?

aaron318

Solid State Member
What happened? I was sitting at my computer the other day watching TV, with my back turned to the monitor. When I turn around my computer was at the "Blue Screen of Death" saying that it needed to do a memory dump, near the bottom of the screen there was a countdown from 150 i think, but it said if this has never happened before then restart your computer. So I turned my computer off, waited 8 seconds, but when I tried to turn it on it wouldn't. Then I opened up my case and it smelt like there was a fire inside so I left the case open and brought a fan over to try to cool it off. When it did I tried it again, but still doesnt turn on. WHAT HAPPENED?!

Something fried...I guarntee you somethign inside your case got a huge load and BOOM, fried. Sorry man, but I haven't the slighest clue what fried, but we can obviously eliminate the video card and CPU since Windows sent the "Blue Screne of Death", and since your monitor was working that means your video card was able to send data to the monitor, which is good as well. Could have possibly been RAM or a Hard Drive that didn't have Windows on it.

Look inside for a black patch. I had BSODs with my anvien P4 mobo tower. One day, it zapped and I could find a surpprise that the RAM didn't burn, but it burned at the other end, bottom left. Stupid mobo

aaron318 said:
What happened? I was sitting at my computer the other day watching TV, with my back turned to the monitor. When I turn around my computer was at the "Blue Screen of Death" saying that it needed to do a memory dump, near the bottom of the screen there was a countdown from 150 i think, but it said if this has never happened before then restart your computer. So I turned my computer off, waited 8 seconds, but when I tried to turn it on it wouldn't. Then I opened up my case and it smelt like there was a fire inside so I left the case open and brought a fan over to try to cool it off. When it did I tried it again, but still doesnt turn on. WHAT HAPPENED?!

So you haven't done ANYTHING to your computer? Like, overclocked it? Added any new hardware?

If you haven't, was the motherboard touching any metal?

no, i dont even know what caused it, i was at my desktop turned around watching tv, then when i looked back at the monitor it was at the blue screen :\ weird

Back
Top Bottom