Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: What GPU should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol-va-rine View Post
I'm definitely not saying get one, they aren't even for gaming, they're for video editing, I was just taking a jab at what's his face...

if you can, keep checking this link: open box ASUS EAH4870X2 - $375, the price leave plenty of room to spare in the budget to get a top notch psu to power it if you can convince your dad that the psu would be a wise investment to protect the first investment, the total price tag w/a quality psu would probably be somewhere around $500 and give you top notch gaming performance and limit the spending to about half of what your dad is allotting, a win win situation if you ask me...

it's open box but all that means is that you'll have to download the drivers (it won't come with a disc) and you won't get any adapters, but if you have bought any cards in recent years you probably have all the adapters you need...
NewEgg doesn't ship to Australia.

StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:11 AM   #12
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratosP View Post
NewEgg doesn't ship to Australia.
my bad, anyway, the 285s/295s are about to drop this month so the prices could get really good after the release, I would wait, you could end up with a really good deal out of it...

MY INTARDNET BEAST ■ Antec 300 ■ Q6600 B3, 2.8GHz @ 1.325v ■ MSI X48C Platinum ■ Kingwin XT-1264 ■ Visiontek HD 4870 512MB ■ 4x1GB Transcend aXeRam DDR3-1800 @ 1400MHz ■ WD Raptor (160GB) ■ Western Digital (250GB) ■ Samsung (640GB) ■ Seagate (500GB) ■ WD Caviar Green (1TB) ■ OCZ ProXStream 1kw ■ Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum ■ JVC HA RX900 ■

ME ■ I am bald and my head is lumpy...fear me ■
wol-va-rine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol-va-rine View Post
my bad, anyway, the 285s/295s are about to drop this month so the prices could get really good after the release, I would wait, you could end up with a really good deal out of it...
Well, the Phenom II I want is coming out in April. So I have a while to wait. Do you know when the AM3 motherboards are released?

Thanks for all your help btw

StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote