What is a good FAST CD-ROM?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

I am currently building a top of the line gaming pc, and I need an excellent CD-ROM, something FAST. Something that will play DVD's, burn DVD's Also burn/play regular CD-R & CD-RW discs, basically everything. If possible with the “lightscribe technology” Something with a good speed! Like I sad it's a gaming pc so I'm looking for a good one. I don't really care about the Blu-Ray, and price also doesn't matter.

Links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What is a true CD drive? I will most likely have 2 drives, just incase one fails or something.

What is a true CD drive? I will most likely have 2 drives, just incase one fails or something.

Something that only plays CD's (does NOT play DVD's)

Most CD only drives are made very cheaply nowadays however, as nobody really wants a CD only drive.

Good fast drive. FYI - it doesn't come with any software, so if you want to use features such as lightscribe, you'll need something like nero.

The read speeds on that SAMSUNG drive are about as fast as you can get with a DVD/CD drive at 16X DVD-ROM and 48X CD-ROM.

The fastest CD-ROM drives read at 52X.

I've got the same Samsung you linked. Great drive, totally happy with it. Go for it.

Back
Top Bottom