what are the good brands

o i have not seen that yet
thanks i will look

ill be back on later i am going to my other hobby/interest.

dont start, i have seen your builds that you make on newegg for people.
i am just 14. dont have $2400.

i am just looking to make a year 03 computer i little more lasting in my books.

is is a gateway model: AXTSTF OXN Select K7

i also forgot to ask about video cards.

i only have pci slot so no pcie cards but i do have 1 AGPx4 slot.

i was looking on newegg where i searched AGP video cards and i dont no what brand to get.

hahhaha u seen that ya? Well what can I say, the guy sad he has an unlimited budget lol.

u still didn't gave me ur budget :)

u still didn't gave me ur budget
lol

ok i am not making a computer but i call you in 5 years.

i just wanted to get a new psu,aftermarket vcard,and some cool cooling. not to look cool i reay do have heat problems. other the past 3 days my room has gotton warmer and warmer. my dad said it was like having a plugin fireplace. lol.

VGAx4 vcard: 100 at the mostest.

just needed a brand for fan choosing.

and psu(if i will need it): i currently have the 250watt that came with it.
and i have a 335 watt not being used. it has less cooling.

i am running 1 CD burner and 1 reader and a floppy.
will be running with all slots filled with a vcard(so vcard comes first)
2 IDE HDD and a mobo of course.

how much can a psu and VGA video card cost in my terms. not the one i no ill get from zero.

GPUs: Who cares? they are all identical. FFS stop saying EVGA cards are the best, all they do is follow the reference design. Ever heard of Galaxy? No, but my card is far better than an equivalently priced card EVGA has to offer. Sure, they have good support and the step-up program but that only lasts 90 days anyway.

Mobos: You have to look at what each manufacturer has to offer at your price point. Look up reviews and then make your decision.

RAM: It all depends on what they are carrying, use this database to help you: http://ramlist.ath.cx/ddr2/

For thermal paste you want Innovation Cooling Diamond 7 Carat. Best there is and AS5 is the n00b's paste. It's very hard to find though and only a select few stock it. If you can't find any then AC MX-2 is what you should be looking for.

Fans: The best fans out there right now are the Scythe ULTRA Kaze and the Silverstone FM122. Of course, if you don't care for your ears then a 3200RPM Delta should be pretty good.

PSUs: Look for the OEM. Antec don't manufacture their own PSUs so you'll want to look up the OEM for each range. Channelwell are the OEM for the Thermaltake Toughpower, Xclio Greatpower, and Xigmatek PSUs.

Back
Top Bottom