What in God's name just happened...

Fair enough. Always be certain you mount your hardware the way it should be mounted before flipping the switch.

The other reason I doubt that those temps were real is that at that temp, 400+ degrees, you'd be smelling and seeing some very startling occurrences on that board around the chip.

Once you pull the system apart, if there's warping/obvious heat damage, I'd like to hear about it (see it too if possible) so that I can be aware of it.

Fair enough. Always be certain you mount your hardware the way it should be mounted before flipping the switch.

The other reason I doubt that those temps were real is that at that temp, 400+ degrees, you'd be smelling and seeing some very startling occurrences on that board around the chip.

Once you pull the system apart, if there's warping/obvious heat damage, I'd like to hear about it (see it too if possible) so that I can be aware of it.

Oh definitely. He had his head over it and said he smelled something but I didn't smell anything. I also didn't feel any abnormal heat, either. But...We'll see tonight.

I'll be sure to post pics. I appreciate the help and I think both of us have pretty much just chalked this up as a learning experience. I would REALLY like to know how and why it happened though so I can prevent it in the future.

So...pulled it all apart last night. Nothing. Nothing looks out of the ordinary at all. This kinda makes me nervous. Just because I don't see anything doesn't mean nothing is wrong but it would still suck if we got the new MoBo and cpu and the problem was something else.

Double check that Core Temp is in fact in C° and not F°. Triple or quadruple check the connections everything with the H70.

Is it working now or will it still not turn on?

These two statements contradict each other :lol:

Those 2 did contradict themselves...lol. All said, I too prefer Intel.

Core Temp is in C.

I'll go back through it and try to turn it on again on my lunch break. Will post results.

This still blows my mind...

Darnit I meant to write Reason I always go with Intel OVER AMD.

So...long story short, we got the box up and running today for good. Got rid of all the AMD stuff and replaced it all with an Intel Z77 board and a Core i5-3570k and a Kingston SSD and a corsair h100. Thing runs like a top.

Thanks all for the feedback!

Back
Top Bottom