What FPS spould I expect

abland007

Baseband Member
I have a Pentium d 915
1 gig 4200 ddr2 533mhz ram
BFG Geforce 7950 gt oc video card
Artic cooler CPU heat sink
650 Watt antec PSU

Im just curious what FPS I should expect to get when playing counterstrike source? What FPS do you guys get.

When I first start the round I get around 100-145 FPS
and when Im in the middle of a round its about 60-70
Is this normal?

geeze ;you guys are lucky i dont play counterstrike, but on bf2 i get just over 30

with my current setup i run css at medium-high settings. and i get average 50-65 fps
and the often 120fps at certain areas of the maps.

bullzi said:
geeze ;you guys are lucky i dont play counterstrike, but on bf2 i get just over 30

Your lucky your not like my friend's family pc. Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz, 1 GB ram, that's all fine, but this was a Dell and they didn't feel like putting a PCI-E or AGP slot in it, so he was stuck with an FX5500. 30 fps when absolutely nothing is happening around you, 10-20 fps during average gameplay, and 6 fps when your in the middle of an arty strike. It was sad.

Edit: In BF2 that is.

cabbspapp said:
Your lucky your not like my friend's family pc. Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz, 1 GB ram, that's all fine, but this was a Dell and they didn't feel like putting a PCI-E or AGP slot in it, so he was stuck with an FX5500. 30 fps when absolutely nothing is happening around you, 10-20 fps during average gameplay, and 6 fps when your in the middle of an arty strike. It was sad.

Edit: In BF2 that is.

thats exactly the same with me, fx5500 is the best i can do with the main board, i really need to upgrade it.

Back
Top Bottom