What else can i upgrade?

ukballer1012

Baseband Member
I want to upgrade/add some hardware to my PC to make it better optimized for gaming. I have an ASUS CM5570 (see link for specs) with a 600w PSU and Radeon 5770 i added like 6 months ago. This helped big time because my PC sucks for gaming. Christmas is coming and i want to upgrade something.

What do you think, in order of importance, are the things i need upgrade next? I was thinking about DIMM but someone said they might be on a 3 channel system and that would ef it up.

Could you please be specific on the type of model i should look at and what other things i need to upgrade to make that certain thing work? I appreciate the help in advance.

PC link: Asus Essentio CM5570-AP002 Review - Desktops - CNET Reviews

Link fail: Asus Essentio CM5570-AP002 Review - Desktops - CNET Reviews

omg.... Please just google it or something, it's being weird

if your going to game i would suggest first thing would be a graphics card since you are currently using intel Graphics which are horrible period now on which graphics card depends on budget and games you will be playing.

if your going to game i would suggest first thing would be a graphics card since you are currently using intel Graphics which are horrible period now on which graphics card depends on budget and games you will be playing.

he added a 5770 6 months ago -_-

i would add a Core 2 Quad like foot head mentioned

oh wow im sorry didnt see that part of the post lol my bad if your running a core 2 duo it wont be a triple channel set up so i would either get a Q6600 or maybe like gibson said new motherboard with an i5 at least and some DDR3

Yeah thats the problem. I know next should be the CPU but then i gotta get a mobo thats compatible with the CPU and the DIMMs i currently have cuz would prefer to save money. This is really expensive though :/ Any ideas on what mobo and CPU to look at?

You think if i added another DIMM would help at all or do games like Black Ops even take up that much memory? Some one said they might be on a triple channel and that will ef up my other ones??? I never learned anything like that in comp sci, but i found 2 potential DIMMs.

Shit thats gunna like total to $500...

Is that mobo better than the one i currently have or is it just compatible with the potential CPU. I also want to buy one thats good for upgrade later in time

Is that mobo better than the one i currently have or is it just compatible with the potential CPU. I also want to buy one thats good for upgrade later in time

It is better in terms of specs. As far as quality, ASUS tends to be a little better, but Gigabyte is still very good.

If you want to be futureproof, you will need an AM3/DDR3 mobo and some DDR3. 4GB will run you $50-60. Mobo should cost about the same.

Back
Top Bottom