What does thus mean?

Him told there is another computer where this problem is very common.

Also why would the technician need my Windows sign on code/password?

I gave him the pass code. I should have gave one that was wrong. Then if him rang me asking for the correct one I could then tell him I can not remember the computers sign on password.

Should I erase my hard drive when I bring the computer home then reinstall Windows again.

Nothing on the computer that would need protecting. That is why it would not be any biggie for me to format the hard drive.

Like I wrote before the computers charging port is the only problem.

Last edited:
It's pretty common for older computers to develop this problem if the charger is plugged in and removed often. I just keep my charger connected so it's never getting any wear on it.

No idea why he'd want the login details if I'm honest, as long as the PC boots up and the charger is working as intended then that's all the tests they need to do...

Sounds like it was a dry joint or something on the motherboard...

Repair quality can differ hugely between technicians and it's often worth asking whether you can see the repair before they assemble the laptop again... a good technician will clean the motherboard thoroughly which will allow the solder to "flow" into the joint, a bad technician won't do this and the solder will then ball up and not flow properly into the joint... (see below)

dscn3503v2.jpg

That unfortuantely always seems to be the end result when you go to a large commercial electrical store these days! I often find the local shops are better.

True, that is why I did not takevtye computer to Best Buy.

The technician rang me up and left a voice recording to ring him about the computer. Will ring him back tomorrow.

The place I took the computer to after looking at the problem. Found out the charging port is fine. It is the power adapter tgatbhas the wrong connector because when him plugged the power adapter to the computer the screen that reads about the battery does not show up. So him charged the battery over night and the battery never charged. So him told me it is either the battery or the mother board.

I rang up Best Buy and the person with Geek Squad will look at on the counter when I am there to see what the cause is. That is a free service

I will do that on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom