What does GB mean like in 40GB?

Yup, he's serious, thats why when you buy ram; alott of the time you see 1024ghz or 2048... :p

Impruv said:
Then 40gb should be enough for now....but if you keep installing more games, download lots of music and *cough*movies*cough* then you'll find yourself running out of space.

I probably wont download music for my IPod when I get it. I'll put songs from my CD's and put them on my IPod which they go on ITunes so they wont be on my computer right since they'll be on ITunes? and for the games when ever I want to play a different one what I'll do is just uninstall the game. I don't have many games for the computer any way.

Go with something higher, just to be safe. 80 gigabytes should be plenty for what you intend to do, and 40 gigabytes would probably work... But still, they aren't much more expensive for a little more space. And, some new games (you might want one or two sometime) take up massive amounts of space... Just to play it safe, I'd get at least an 80 gigabyte.

And, Impruv, I think you mean 1024 KB of memory, not 1024 GHz... That'd be some insanely fast RAM! Hahaha!

Well I was planing on getting it updated in November. I plan on taking really good care of this computer and I plan on getting everything updated once a year. So this November or October I plan on calling Dell and getting it reudated. So it should be ok. :)

Really the only reason were getting a new computer for me is becuase I want an IPod and we found out that the amount of money we'll pay to get my computer updated we can get a new one. So really the only reason were getting a new computer is for me to have an IPod.

40GB hard drives are pretty much still a standard as far as manufactured PCs. Most of the time, when ordering, you can upgrade to a 60GB for about 10 bucks. If your going to use your computer for email, Web surfing, and some music- 40GB is plenty.
If you're going to start downloading music- which I do not condone, btw- you need a larger hard drive, say 80GB or 120GB. If you're going to be working with movies, video editing, and music, then I would suggest at least 160GB hard drive.

I download music all the time. It's called iTunes. Wonder why I haven't gotten caught yet? :D

I think that's what he was talking about, too.

Yea; i meant 1024 Mhz...don't u wish there was 1024 ghz though...maybee in 50 yearss :rolleyes: or longer

If you go the right site you can get an 80GB Hard drive for not much more. I was gonna get a 40 gig but then i found an 80 gig for like hmmm...12 bucks more.

ok a gigabyte is an amount of memory on your computer that u store information on so the more u have the more information u can put on it (games, music etc)

Back
Top Bottom