RAM: Corsair DDR3 4gb 1333mhz
Monitor: BenQ V2400W 2ms/WUXGA 1920x1200/D-Sub/DVI/HDMI
Case: Still looking...want one with a window, not required though
PSU: Still looking...around 800 watts
GPU: Still looking...one of the ATI Radeon, needs DDR5, 1gb+ and HDMI
Keyboard: G15 (orange one/v2) -ALREADY GOT IT-
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution, probs trade it in for a razer lachesis
Speakers: Creative T40 - ALREADY GOT IT -

The Core i7 920 is around the same price as the Q9550, I would go with that, and MSI's X58 board is decently priced at around $220.

I think a 1GB HD 4870 would be nice for that res.

EDIT: Actually, the price gap between the 1GB and 512MB is too big, and you can get Powercolor's custom 4870 for so cheap now.
There really isn't that big of a difference in performance between the 1GB 4870 and the 512.

Problem is...you need Tri-Channel RAM at 1.5V, or else, you fry the CPU.

As far for GPU, the only one with GDDR5, is the 4870 series.

Now, for the i7 series. I've heard good, because of Hyper-threading, and is supposedly faster in overall desktop experience. In gaming, maybe a slight increase, over the QX series, so it would be a better idea.

Need a board? Here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130216
$220

This board is perfect for you.

Now, for the i7 series. I've heard good, because of Hyper-threading, and is supposedly faster in overall desktop experience. In gaming, maybe a slight increase, over the QX series, so it would be a better idea.

Hyper-Threading creates a second virtual core. Since all 4 cores in the Core i7 processors use it, you have a total of 4 virtual cores created. The increase in speed is only seen when you use a lot of multi-threaded applications. The small speed increase you may notice during regular use is due to the elimination of the FSB.

@CH: I woke up late this morning.

I'm aware of what Hyper-threading does lol!

I'm talking overall by the desktop experience. I've been preety much looking at benches in gaming, and it's slightly faste that the QX9770, except for COD4, but that's the game problem.

For Desktop usage, Hyper-threading does a charm. Back in the P4 HT days, I was happy with mine.

I'm aware of what Hyper-threading does lol!

I'm talking overall by the desktop experience. I've been preety much looking at benches in gaming, and it's slightly faste that the QX9770, except for COD4, but that's the game problem.

For Desktop usage, Hyper-threading does a charm. Back in the P4 HT days, I was happy with mine.

Sorry. I'm just eager to help everyone out. I really liked my P4 HT too.

If you're not eager to help out, then what would be a use of a forum? :p

But Core i7...I would get one, but I don't have cash to waste like that, and I already have an E8400, that I enjoy, with Sh!t RAM.

Here's the thing. I could almost build a Core i7 system. The problem is that if I don't even use all of my 5400+ power, what will I do with the Core i7? Plus, I don't even work, so getting money for other things would be harder. If I had a job, I'd gladly build one.

Back
Top Bottom