What do you think?

UH I think the boistar motherboard is better then that Asus... Get a cheapo video card like a 40 dollar 7300LE. If you are doing photo editing you will want to have a somewhat decent video card... DVI capable, if your monitor will have it.

biostar support is non existent, dont go with them, i did and i regret it.

also dont get a rosewill psu, they suck, i have had to replace 2 already.

Rudster816- How long did the PSU last? I was thinking of replacing that psu with a thermaltake psu soon after purchasing the case (when I get more money), probly a few months after. I have read that the psu sometimes kills the motherboard when it goes out, so I was planning on replacing it before that happens.

I'm just sticking with the basics right now. With my current setup, I am sure I will be content with the onboard graphics until I upgrade the psu and video card. But thanks for the input.

Exactly. Foxconn and Biostar aren't exactly known for their quality. Look more for Asus, Abit, or Gigabyte.

I have a foxconn and its perfectly fine , in fact foxconn make intel motherboards for intel so they cant be that bad if intel decide to let them make motherboards for them

anyhow thats irrelevant now

I agree that getting a high end processor and putting it in a budget motherboard may not be the best idea yet but unless you plan on overclocking or doing anything seriously intensive i personaly dont see any issues as long as the motherboard states that it supports the processor you plan to buy

Well, after reading some more reviews and checking out other motherboards, I have decided to go with a GIGABYTE GA-M61P-S3. Also decided to go ahead and get the Thermaltake PSU while I'm at it, just to be on the safe side. Dont wanna fry my investment by using a cheapie stock psu.

Anyway, thanks for all the recommendations. It will be some time until I get my pc components and start the build, but I will post how things go with that!

Back
Top Bottom