What do you think?

cavemangrinder

Fully Optimized
I've been reading up on this forum quite a bit lately, as you can see I'm a noob to this website. I'm thinking about doing my first build soon and I was just wondering if you guys had any input/advice/opinions or whatever.

The components I have selected are "bang for the buck" as I want to stay within about $500 range. Anyway, here it is:

Foxconn MCP61VM2MA-RS2H- Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+- Processor

Rosewill TU-155- Case w/400w PSU

WINTEC AMPX 2GB (2 x 1GB)- Ram

Seagate ST3320832SCE 320GB- HDD

NEC Black 1.44MB 3.5"- Floppy Drive

Windows XP Home Edition

You should probably try to balance it out some more. You've got a pretty high end processor, but a pretty crappy motherboard.

It's like putting a Porsche engine in a minivan. Kinda pointless.

Well, I saw that the motherboard had relatively the same specs as other more expensive brands. Is there a difference other than maybe the quality of the board? Also, do you have any suggestions as to which other motherboards I could look into?

Exactly. Foxconn and Biostar aren't exactly known for their quality. Look more for Asus, Abit, or Gigabyte.

I see your point. I think I found an ASUS motherboard I am interested in.:D Its $20 more, but I'm sure it would be a better choice.

Thanks

Um just asking but why the hell do you have a floppy drive in that list????
Completely outdated.
A Flash Drive does the same thing.

I found an ASUS Motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131172 comes with integrated graphics. I dont need a performance video card at the moment (my main priority is music, photo editing), I may upgrade that later though for some minor gaming.

I decided to install the Floppy drive just for convenience, for $7 its no biggy. I also have a flash drive for external storage but I also find floppy discs as convenient for small storage.

Back
Top Bottom