What do you think

sback

Baseband Member
I have been fixing , building and playing about with computers for a good while now about 10 years and this one's got me stumped , my friend has asked me to look at his desktop and im stummped to a resolution apart from a really big sledge hammer can you help ?

The problem: You turn the computer on and after about 5 seconds i can hear a relay click and the unit powers off , a pause of a second then it powers back up another 5 seconds and it cuts out again a continuos cycle with no time to get in to bios/fire up in safe mode or get anything on screen.

I have looked at the problem so far by trying a new power pack and removing all hardware one by one with no change in the original symptoms including the sata hard drive , i have had both ram chips out one by one , all the cooling fans are working and there is no dust left in the machine now ! (there wasnt a great deal to start with) pluss all leads and plugs have been blown out cleaned and secured.

Its an off the shelf machine Fujitsu :scaleo p
asus mother board p5sd1-fm2s
2 matching 512mb ram ddr
sata 250 gig wd caviarse hard drive

And bleave it or not it went faulty 2 months after there waranty exspired

If you have any ideas i would appreciate it .

I was gonna suggest the PSU, but you have tried that. Im leaning towards a mobo issue now, as you have removed all the other components and its still the same.

yeah i mean if you have tried changin ALL components with replacements and nothing changed it has to be the motherboard

Thanks guys it definatley looks like a MOB failure o well that'll cost him

Back
Top Bottom