What do you think......

Acer. I honestly have nothing bad to say about them. Their tech support is here in America (texas juding by teh accents of the poeple i've had to talk to for customers) which is a pluse because your not trying to understand some dude from India if something happens to go wrong.

Acer's are tough. these things have such a good life too them. My sister recently spilt nail polish remeover over her acer laptop's keyboard and nothing broke! all i had to do was clean off the RAM connections and off it went. Was that luck? Maybe, but we sell them at work, and maybe 1 in ten will come back for repair. Im more willing to bet that its more around 1 in 15, but you get the idea.

like said above, if your gamming, get a better video card. If you do get a new one, hold on to the 6100 that comes with it. For some reason if your computer needs to be sent back to acer, you can put in the original parts and they will have absolutly no problem with it (i am quoting an acer tech on that).

[edit] I don't know if they give the option with their desktops (mostly because the place i work at only sells their laptops, we make our desktops) but look into the three year total coverage warranty if possable. if its the same price as the laptop one (assuming its avalible) it will be around $250. ON the laptops this covers everything, from drops to spills. If somethign happens to the hardware, they will replace it. So look into that if you want.

celegorm said:
Acer. I honestly have nothing bad to say about them. Their tech support is here in America (texas juding by teh accents of the poeple i've had to talk to for customers) which is a pluse because your not trying to understand some dude from India if something happens to go wrong.

Acer's are tough. these things have such a good life too them. My sister recently spilt nail polish remeover over her acer laptop's keyboard and nothing broke! all i had to do was clean off the RAM connections and off it went. Was that luck? Maybe, but we sell them at work, and maybe 1 in ten will come back for repair. Im more willing to bet that its more around 1 in 15, but you get the idea.

like said above, if your gamming, get a better video card. If you do get a new one, hold on to the 6100 that comes with it. For some reason if your computer needs to be sent back to acer, you can put in the original parts and they will have absolutly no problem with it (i am quoting an acer tech on that).

[edit] I don't know if they give the option with their desktops (mostly because the place i work at only sells their laptops, we make our desktops) but look into the three year total coverage warranty if possable. if its the same price as the laptop one (assuming its avalible) it will be around $250. ON the laptops this covers everything, from drops to spills. If somethign happens to the hardware, they will replace it. So look into that if you want.
I agree. I'm pretty sure the 6100 is integrated though, there's no actual video card, right? I know my Gateway's integrated graphics was a 6100.

Jenox said:
LMFAO. For the love of God...keep it up. /salute.
I see that you are online now, it's 25 hours now since you made this post, & 23 hours since I originally asked you to explain this; "For the love of God...keep it up. / salute" It was aimed at Imanerdynerd who I had PB'd for posting several disgusting posts, explain now or face possible penalties.

Brookfield said:
jenox, you made the original post 12 hours ago, I'm still waiting for an explanation!

I found it funny. That's my explantion. I knew he would get banned but I wanted to laugh before he did. Laughter always cheers me up when I'm in a bad mood, the week hasn't been all to great, so the laughter helps.

Anywho...

EDIT: Also, I decided to not check this thread, as I felt that he ACER has been talked about more then enough. Mainly i've been making my own threads or posting in the URGENT HELP ones. Next time, if you want an explantion of any sort, and I don't reply, please don't hesitate to send a PM my way and I'll get back to you ASAP. :)

Jenox said:
I found it funny. That's my explanation. I knew he would get banned but I wanted to laugh before he did. Laughter always cheers me up when I'm in a bad mood, the week hasn't been all to great, so the laughter helps, also, I decided to not check this thread, as I felt that he ACER has been talked about more then enough. Mainly i've been making my own threads or posting in the URGENT HELP ones. Next time, if you want an explanation of any sort, and I don't reply, please don't hesitate to send a PM my way and I'll get back to you ASAP. :)
Thanks for getting back to me, you have a good attitude, a rep point coming your way. :D

Back
Top Bottom