What do you Think?

I have a question that my dumb butt wasn't thinking about before I bought parts. This will be my first time making a computer from scratch.

My question is will I also have to buy the Windows XP Platform? Meaning I cant use the Window XP Pro "Upgrade"?

No, you cant just use the upgrade. Do you have 2k you can stick on there, and then upgrade to XP pro...?

ccasmoe00 said:
Wanted a to get a fairly fast upgrade to what I have without breaking my pockets.

I know its not the best I could have gotten but I think I can work with it.

CPU

Motherboard

and

The Power Supply

So the computer will have a P4 3.0GHz with Hyper Speed Technology, DFI Motherboard, 2048MB of Ram, HDTV Tuner Card, GeForce 6200 OC Graphics Card,Creative Sound Card and much more. What do you all think?

Not bad lol do you have a mointer,keyboard, mouse and all that lol sorry that was a joke

I didn't install anything. I put the new Motherboard, CPU and Power Supply in and then booted the computer. It worked fine. It did ask me for my original Product Key for Windows XP Home. But since I have Windows XP Professional Upgrade, I think I'm going to install that now.

I have one question though. How do I check my FSB to may sure its at the right setting?

OK I downloaded it. My bus speed is 803 MHz and my FSB is 200 MHz(which sucks). From what I have been reading I need to put better ram. Right now I have 1G of PC2100 which is slowing down my FSB. I'll need to buy PC3200/DDR400. I think I'll put 4GB of the DDR400. What do you think?

Everything is installed and I finally figure that I'm going to go with 4G of DDR400. The only problem I have with the system after installing it is that I have to power it up from the button on the motherboard(which means I have to open the case every time I turn off the computer). I want to be able to turn it on from the button on the front of the case. I have the button plugged into the motherboard. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

plug in the cables for the buttons on the front of the case into the motherboard, and 200FSB is the speed u will get with ddr400 because its DDR which means dual data rate so its 2x what the actual speed is (200mhz)

gaming_freak said:
plug in the cables for the buttons on the front of the case into the motherboard, and 200FSB is the speed u will get with ddr400 because its DDR which means dual data rate so its 2x what the actual speed is (200mhz)

I have it plugged in but its still not working. Maybe something in the system setup?

Back
Top Bottom