What do you prefer? Nvidia or ATI

BrokenAtari

In Runtime
What do you prefer? Nvidia or ATI and why?

I prefer Nvidia because of the PhysX support and the well designed drivers.

Game Support -> NVIDIA

'Bang for the buck' -> AMD/ATI

DX11 support -> NVIDIA

Overall power -> ATI (6990 > GTX 590)

Drivers -> NVIDIA

Innovation -> AMD/ATI

Balls to the wall stereoscopic 3D -> NVIDIA

Workhouse -> Quadro (NVIDIA)

and so on, different cards for diffeent things.

i like AMD, though.

I'm an Nvidia man, i've never liked the ATI Graphics control centre, can't rememeber what it's called catalyst something?? anyways i know that;'s only a small part of it and in fact irellivant as you don't have to use that.

But this is my opinion and my opinion is your basic, non hardcore gamer user, i mean the last graphics card i bought was the 7800gt. Legendary cards lol.

I don't know if it was just me but i always found the Nvidia range easier to understand. Start with your series, the higher the number the better, in theory . . . 5 series, then the 6 series then the 7 and so on . . .

Then you have almost your model numbers so your 7100 was your lowest in the range and your 7900 was the best in the range.

This is because i'm simple lol, so from a hardcore gamer point of view almost nothing of what i;ve said matters but i'd like to consider myself an average consumer?

well, the bigger the number the better the card is how we talk about ATI cards too anyway... but they are just numbers in the HD range, rather than GT, GTS, GTX, M S and so on.

Mobility Radeon HD XXXX
Radeon HD XXXX

3000s up to 6990.

I just completed a new build and installed the AMD Radeon 6970 and I am pleased. I have always used Nvidia in the past and never had a problem. Maybe to a gamer there is a difference. I am not, but I still wanted a high end video card anyway, and I play Crysis 2 some.

i have always thought Nvidia, I think over the years there products have been slightly better than ATIs

Back
Top Bottom