Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-26-2008, 07:33 AM   #11
In Runtime

Default Re: What do you look for or want in a computer? What kind of user are you?

Quote:
if your a gamer u hate laptops lol
GREAT generalisation there. I love Laptops, I play games.

Anyway, I am an organisation / sophistication freak. I love PC's that centralise everything, and look consistent in design and brands. Creative Speakers with Creative Sound Cards, using it as a Media Center PC, organising everything really well, having a case that looks sturdy and has all the features I need but not necessarily the extreme lights and cooling... just 'sturdy'.

-Rhys

RhysAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #12
Baseband Member

Default Re: What do you look for or want in a computer? What kind of user are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenerickson View Post
Brandon,

So are you looking for a desktop rather than a laptop? Or will you go either way as long as the specs fit what you described?
def desktop, Laptops are terrible everything is scaled down for a laptop and they overheat, i think they suck personally

Old 05-26-2008, 03:30 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

I got caught into the laptop craze a couple years ago and went out and spent too much on my HP laptop... I don't use it much anymore...

I'm a more advanced user than most, but there's many people on here that know more than me.

I use my systems mainly for mutimedia and internet use, then some video editing and other stuff like that sometimes. I try to get powerful equipment that will last me several years, while looking at prices as well.

From now on I will just buy desktops unless I need a notebook for something, such as the first 3 quarters of college when I will have to live in a high crime rate place (apartment on campus), where if they break in and steal my notebook it won't be as big of a deal as my desktop...

I like experimenting and trying new things as well. This summer I'm going to try setting up a couple home servers.
Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:02 PM   #14
Solid State Member

Thank you all for the great posts of information this will help me in my marketing plan.

Stephen

Stephenerickson is offline   Reply With Quote