specs:
win98
pent2
64mb ram
5gb hdd

no ethernet plug. no w-lan.
but it does have a pc card slot.

any ideas?

PC Card is another term for PCMCIA really.

You could maybe use it for general internet tasks? Browsing etc? If you do this, you can easily purchase a WiFi Card, or a Ethernet Card for the laptop.

Pyromaniac said:
I would dispose of it in a Creative way.
lol. i already did that with my other laptop. lol. i took it apart with a screwdriver and a dremel rotary tool to look at the insides.

anyway, i think i might just use it for internet browsing and stuff like that. how much do those pcmcia cards run for anyway? oh well, ill look it up later. thanks for the ideas so far guys

also, what would be a good linux distro for this thing?

im guessing DAMN SMALL LINUX would be pretty good considering its small size and little resourse requirements.

Haha, I would install some Linux that has a really small footprint and use it as a extra computer or something. Maybe BitTorrent downloads? Probably will take forever, but I sure wouldn't mind if it's quiet. :)

There is many things you could do with that laptop...

If you need a Door to stay open, just use the laptop as a door weight.

Or if you have alot of paper that gets blown around, use the laptop as a paper weight.

Or if you want to crush some ice use the laptop. Or if some home boy tires to rob you, toss the laptop at him. If you need to Iron some clothes, use the laptop. If you get suck on a Desert Island, you can call your Laptop Willson.

Back
Top Bottom