WHat is the difference?

tallenskinny

Solid State Member
AMD Turion(TM) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-86 (2.4GHz, 2MB L2 Cache)
vs
AMD Turion(TM) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-85 (2.3GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 4.4 GT`s Bus Speed)

what better? im not quite sure what the difference is between a
L2 cache and a GT's Bus Speed?

Thanks for reading

The difference between the two processors is exactly 100MHz. They are identical except for their operating speed.

I have no idea what "4.4 GT`s Bus Speed" means or what it even refers to.

o ok becasue im getting a laptop for college and just wanted to know if there would be a difference

would anyone know the difference and head tell me which one is better and why?

thank you

The ZM-86 is better, logical isn't it?

They would both have the same HT speed and the only difference is the core frequency.

Truthfully, you will not see any real performance differences between them.

If you need to have a definitive answer, worshipme is correct in that the AMD ZM-86 processor is "better" because it's 100MHz faster. :D

to rekindle this topic wuts the difference between an amd zm-86 an amd zm-87? hp website shows them both at 2.4GHz, 2MB L2 Cache,

but the 86 is 124$ and the 87 is 200$..so obviosuly there a difference?..but i dont know and cant seem to find it

TO rip you OFF hehe the only dif is the 100 mhz go with the cheaper one in less you a hardcore gamer but if you were you would not be buying a lapy

my 1cents hehe
PS: I signed up with this site just to tell you that :D

to rekindle this topic wuts the difference between an amd zm-86 an amd zm-87? hp website shows them both at 2.4GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, but the 86 is 124$ and the 87 is 200$..so obviosuly there a difference?..but i dont know and cant seem to find it

The difference is in the speed that the HyperTransport runs. On the ZM-86, it runs at 1800MHz, on the ZM-87 it runs at 2200MHz. In theory, this means that the interconnection between the processor and the North Bridge / South Bridge can run much faster. This could, in theory, make the SATA controller, Firewire controller, etc. be less bandwidth-limited. In a laptop, that's probably not an issue, and certainly not worth the premium you're going to pay.

From List of Turion Processors

Back
Top Bottom