What are dial-up speeds supposed to be?...

superman22x

Golden Master
I just told my friend to do a speedtest because something isnt quite right about her computer. She has dial-up, and she said she got a 361 ping with 172kbs download... Seems way too high?

WOW THATS SLOW! yup dial up. i get about 2500kbs

369638864.png

Yea, around here, the only high speed costs $60 a month, I have it, she doesnt though. She has AOL. AOL has it's own browser, is there a way to get firefox working too?

nope AOL is the only browser. i had that years ago
Dang... thats not good... She can't really download anything, it all cuts out right away, and I think it's because of that AOL shit... I'll tell her to buy something different, lol. I always do, and everytime she gives a pretty solid f**kyou, lol. Maybe when sprints new Xohm/Clear service is in range, I can convince her... its $25 a month, and its like 6-9mpbs down, with 1-3mpbs up. Not too shabby IMO.

Better than Cox over here. Advertised 7mbps down and like 2mbps up. I never get the 2mbps up. I get around 120kbps. And it costs us around $40 or so.

I just told my friend to do a speedtest because something isnt quite right about her computer. She has dial-up, and she said she got a 361 ping with 172kbs download... Seems way too high?

Dialup maxes out at 49kbps in the US.

Back
Top Bottom