what is degauss

Its not dark, dark but it is definitely a tad darker than the other spots. For example lets say if you minimized a window and drag to the opposite side of the monitor, everything will look fine. Once you move it back to the other side, than you will see that it gets a darker shade.

So do you think I should just take this one back as well since I am still under the 14 day return policy? I didn't get any warranty plans with this since I only paid $150 for the whole package during Black Friday sales.

alot of times the symbol will be a horseshoe(sp?) shaped magnet with a line diagnally through it. indecating no magnetic distortion, or remove magnetic distortion, same thing lol :p thats the most common symbol that i know of :) but most monitors will get the darker spot on them after they get pretty old, 5 years or more usually. my old gateway CRT was great, it lasted me 7 years and then it died oddly. i donno what happened but i'm somewhat convenced that cellphone signals going through the monitor helped it trip on it's last leg rofl. everytime i'm about 2 get a cellphone call and my cells right under or right beside the monitor the screen vibrates for about 1 second and then another second later my phone rings. has this happened 2 any1 else?

Doesn't turning off the monitor for a bit and then turn it back on by means of the monitor power switch do the same thing? I don't think LCD's have a degauss feature, lucky me.

TRDCorolla said:
Doesn't turning off the monitor for a bit and then turn it back on by means of the monitor power switch do the same thing? I don't think LCD's have a degauss feature, lucky me.
i have an LCD but i'm currently using a CRT, and i think ur right they don't ahve degauss but i'm not sure. i forgot...rofl. turning off the monitor will somtimes do the trick but if there is noticable magnetic distortion i would degauss it anyways jsut 2 be safe... :p

In reference to my situation, I took the monitor back again and they used this huge magnet to get all the kinks out with my monitor. It looked like they got rid of some dead pixels as well in certain areas.

Overall, I am satisfied with the monitor now but they changed my video settings in the bios from pci (had it on there because of the pci card i had in) to agp. When i got home, i switched it back to pci and it works but i'm currently using up 16mb on the safe side so that i can keep it working. Do you think it will malfunction if I switch it to only 1mb?

Why would it change my resolution if I'm using a pci video card instead of integrated graphics?

Anyway, I changed it back to 1mb setting and now I have all my 768mb dedicated for the pc and not the graphics again. I guess everything worked out fine for me.

Back
Top Bottom