What could have happened?

Lynne1919

Beta member
Earlier today my brother was going to reformat my computer. I was going to back up everything onto CDs but instead we decided to move everything onto his computer by transferring over a network. Anyhow... he asked me to check the files before he reformatted and when I did I noticed that the directory was much smaller than previously and the files no longer worked. The word files could not be read. The jpgs cannot be seen. MP3s and movie files no longer work. Obviously something very bad happened during the transfer. I realize these files are lost to me now, but I'm just curious to any insight as to what could have happened. All I know is I learned a lesson regarding backing up data, etc. etc. A lot of important things have been lost.

didn't you say you checked them before you reformatted? you should have opened up a few files to see if they still worked. if they didn't you could have just deleted them and transferred them again. I have no idea what happened, obviously they got corrupted somehow

Back
Top Bottom