What computer should I buy?

Superharas

Beta member
Hi,

I am looking for a new PC. I have found two PCs which seem good to me. Note, this is the first time I've come to the computers game. I've always just bought random PCs, which looked good to me. But, I want to buy a good PC now.

So, the options are the HP Pavillion P6799UK and HP Pavilion Slimline S5765UK.

So the specs are as follows (Click on the links above to check out full specs on Amazon).

HP Pavillion P6799uk

• RAM: 4GB
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 (3.2GHz)
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT420
  • Graphics Card Ram Size: 2GB

HP Pavilion Slimline S5765UK

• RAM: 4GB
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 (3.2GHz)
  • Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD5450
  • Graphics Card Ram Size: 512 MB

I'm not really going to play games on this PC. However, it would be great if I can. Also, I would like to watch movies on this in 1080p. Blu-Ray and 3D would be awesome if they're there, but not a dealbreaker if not.

If there are any other PCs you could recommend, please tell me.

Wow, thanks for the almost instant reply there!

Anyway, is there any particular reason why you prefer the HP Pavillion P6799UK?
I don't really want to waste all my money, so I'd just like to know why you prefer that particular PC.

generally speaking, Slimlines suck if there is any other option. Less expandability, more heat issues, unusual form factors, etc.

Since you're in the UK, and you said you wanted a good PC, im going to recommend a lower end Scan 3XS system. I've been looking at them alot lately, and i've seen that they dont make a whole lot on them, they are barely more than the sum of their parts. There are two models i would recommend to you, both more powerful than the HPs, and one is cheaper (overclocked i3) and one is slightly more (Overclocked Sandy Bridge i5 2500k)

Scan 3XS Systems
Scan 3XS Systems

Wow, thanks for the almost instant reply there!

Anyway, is there any particular reason why you prefer the HP Pavillion P6799UK?
I don't really want to waste all my money, so I'd just like to know why you prefer that particular PC.

Looks like you're getting more for you money really. With a big graphics card for watching movies. The HP Pavilion Slimline S5765UK has a small graphics card. Definitely go with the HP Pavillion P6799uk.

Back
Top Bottom