What codec does NeroVision use?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

Well, ive been forever and a day trying to find a good combination to record my tv shows etc with....and found that ive got (surprisingly) the best quality when recording with NeroVision...now as much as i like it, i want to use the exact settings, but using the interface, of say, VirtualDub, only in the compression setting, i don't know which Nero uses, can somebody please shed some light?

Thanks and Merry Christmas,

Matt

Dont know what codec it uses. But if you have created a file with nerovision, then you can download a little program off the net called Gspot, and that will tell ya what all the info about the file

Yeah, i forgot to mention, i have loaded it in GSpot, and it says N.A on both Video and Audio, and in VLC it just says MPGV (im guessing video) and MPGA (audio)....so i know its MPG, but dont know what settings etc its using...

Matt

It's and .MPG file...and btw i refuse to use Nero 7, so im only Nero Vision 3.....and i just found this using some other app....

File : 33 MB (0.00 B), duration: 0:00:00, type: MPG, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 75 %

Video : 0.00 B, 9610 Kbps, 25.0 fps, 720*576 (4:3), MPG2 = MPEG 2 (SVCD/DVD), Supported

Audio : 0.00 B, 224 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x51 = Mpeg-1 audio Layer 2 [0xc0], Supported

Now i don't spose anyone knows how to make VirtualDub use those settings and that codec? Call me stupid, but i can't find it

Merry CHristmas,

Matt

EDIT: It's wrong though, cause the Duration is in fact about 30 seconds, not 00 lol

If its reported the time wrong , then its probably reporting everything else wrong aswell

Back
Top Bottom