What Clocks For My 8800GTS? Specs*

ghostFL

Fully Optimized
So, I am using ATI Tool to set my memory and core.

I bought the Nvidea 8800 GTS Superclocked. What is recommended?

And Why does my memory say 3.3GB when I bought 4GB? :/
sys.jpg

gra.jpg

This is tested for The Lost Planet.
mysystem.jpg

the reason why it says you only have 3.3 gb of RAM is because you are using a 32 bit operating system. This really means nothing unless you want to see that you have 4 GB. Your computer can still use the 4 gb if it is needed.

If you want to see total RAM: 4096 KB, then you need to upgrade to a 64 bit operating system

FlightSimBoy nailed the whole 3.3gigs thing. Your lucky my bios only show's 2.85gigs in XP. Get Vista 64bit to use all your memory. As far as overclocking goes it really depends on the card. They all overclock differently. Check out the sticky thread on overclocking your gpu there are some others with 8800cards that have some clocks posted.

Mine is probally the highest overall on this forum that I know of for a 8800gts. I got a good card. I'm at 675/2016 ATI Tool would show 1008 for the memory cause it doubles like ddr2. I think a resonable expectation would be 600-625/950-975. Anything over that and you got a good card.

Download Riva Tuner that way you can turn your fan up to help cool the OC down some as well.

Also man you need Vista for Lost planet to use DX10. Your so missing out. If you pick it up Vista download driver 162.22 I have no Issue's with lost planet. Your screen name the same maybe i'll find you online sometime.

DXversion.jpg

LostPlanetSnowshot.jpg

LostPlanetsnowspider.jpg

Thanks a bunch guys, and I don't think I need to up the fans anymore, I have a pretty sweet Antec case.

IMG_0599.jpg

But what is Vista driver 162.22? About 5 seconds of googling and it looks like an install to cheat some of the OS features into working like vista?

I have XP Pro Build 2600. And I just built this thing and transfered the HD from my old computer and that is really the only piece besides the 17 inch monitor that was recycled. That case with a 700 watt power supply dosen't hurt either ;]

That is why I am so curious if there is a way to squeeze out dx10 from my card on xp. Dosen't sound like it though. I just don't have the $ or time to go out and buy windows vista, use that ghost program to transfer all my files and shit, gah, just sounds like a total pain in the arse.

And thanks, the dualy is used mostly in photoshop and illustrator work.

Actually, there is something I have been wanting to do for a while, I plan on getting a HEFTY 500GB HD soon, Id either make that my c drive and transfer everything and get vista on that one, but still keep my current drive with xp on it, and have dual OS? I can just change the boot drive as necessary, but my mobo k9n diamond automatically makes me choose the os to enter. Im really interested, because my 300GB c drive is on the brink of capacity, and so is my 250GB external seagate. Any easy recommended ways of doing this? GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Back
Top Bottom