What is better than Limewire?

celegorm, you can't do that. We should be able to post as many links to utorrent, Azureus, etc. as we want. It's 100% legal, and there's no reason to delete it. I can see if you don't want links to isohunt, Pirate Bay, etc because they have links to illegal torrents, but deleting links to the clients is ridiculous.

@ ISOwner, upload and download bandwidth are independent of one another. Torrents are the best way to download large files, but for one 5 MB mp3, you'd be better off with Limewire. This is because torrents take extra time to have to connect to trackers and then find seeds and peers.

I'm still not use to torrent though. As I understand it, you need a torrent client software first right? Then after that, you need to find a torrent site online that supports your client. Once you find it, you just double click on it and it downloads?

What exactly are trackers and seeds? Just browsing around torrent sites, many of them, you have to register first. In some forum, people say that you can actually be kicked off of their site? It's kind of complicated.

theres one site i use. it searches all the torrent sites. you find one and download it and it opens in whatever program you have (utorrent for me).
seeders: are people sharing a 100% complete file/folder
leechers: people downloading off the seeders and uploading at the same time
a tracker

i just dont like using torrents for single songs. too much of a mission. torrents are great for albums though

Sorry I figured links to the programs are just as bad. I will allow them then, as well as edit a few of my posts in here.

Torrent clients are legal. It's what people use with the torrent files and clients that is usually illegal.

So providing links to download the clients is perfectly fine, just as long as no one posts links to torrent trackers or actual torrent files.

That's what PMs are for. :p

Do you have to allow upload too when using torrents? Some of the torrent sites have a mind of their own and when it detects that people aren't sharing, you get kicked out of that torrent site.

Do you have to allow upload too when using torrents? Some of the torrent sites have a mind of their own and when it detects that people aren't sharing, you get kicked out of that torrent site.

Its best to but most people I know have the upload limit set to about 10-15, if you set it to 0 then they start blocking you after a while, if you go to high then your download limit will drop so you will just have to play with it till you get whats best for you

Oh, that's how it is. Man, the price you pay to get free stuff, lol. It's sneaky how they know if your particular PC allow upload or not.

I dont know how they know but they just do, I put it to the test a few years ago when using a site and got barred for a week lol.

Back
Top Bottom