What is the best notebook?

Jc1

Solid State Member
For the PRICE? I was lookin at dells...and I figured one up to be $1300 ish with a 256mb radeon mobility Vid card, gig of ram. 2.00 ghz duo core processor and truelife screen...15.4Inch widescreen. What are my other options...seems that alien wares processors are kinda week. Would like to have financing.

-JC

College...BUT yea..gaming...i need to be able to play Source...CoD:2...WoW...and other smoothly. No lag. =)

-JC

so would the ati 256 mobility card in the dell inspiron be alright? also...should i minimal 2.00 ghz on the duo-core? 1gig of ram should be good....and upgrade to a 7200 rpm HD.

Jc,

I am leaning more towards the 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS. The 256MB ATI Mobility is halfway-decent for moderate gaming, but if you want really decent gaming ability I would definitely take the NVIDIA. It is way better than the ATI and even the NVIDIA 7600.

Best notebook to grab is called an Acer. It has 120gig of hdd, 1.6x, built in webcam that turns 180 degrees, 1 gig of ram of 533, 15" screen, built in wireless and hardware and dail-up of course, AND the video card is an ATI 1600x 512 for an amazing price of 1299.99 at PC Club or at acer's website at http://us.acer.com/acereuro/page4.d...aram=US&LanguageISOCtxParam=en&crc=2373893873

With Alienware its like buying a par of shoes lets say Vans. You are paying 69.99 for Vans and at Payless they have the same shoes that look just like Vans just no Vans logo going for 19.99. What would you do buy the shoes for 19.99 or the ones that just looks pretty on the oustide for 69.99? Thats all Alienware is just a shinny case and heavily overly priced. With dells XPS gaming notebooks they are decent, but for your average notebook of course dell is the way to go, but for gaming notebooks I would personally look at other companies first and compare specs and prices.

Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom