Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-25-2006, 06:25 AM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default What are the best anti-spyware, anti-virus and firewall software out now?

What are the best anti-spyware, anti-virus and firewall software out? and i dont mean freeware (unless it is the best) i mean the best out there, that a normal person can afford.

Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:31 AM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Toby Send a message via Yahoo to Toby
Default Re: What are the best anti-spyware, anti-virus and firewall software out now?

Well, I use Spy Sweeper, Nod32, and Outpost Pro...

I don't think there is any "best", everyone has their own opinions on the matter.

Probably a good idea to try out a number of different AS, AV, FW programs and see which ones suit your needs best.

Dell Inspiron 9400 Notebook 120GB 5400RPM SATA HDD, 500GB 7200RPM SATA External HDD, DVD+-RW, DVD+-RW External, Mobile Intel Calistoga i945PM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GhZ, 2GB DDR2-667MhZ Dual Channel SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GO 7900 GS 256MB Single-Pipe.
TinyXP Rev05, PerfectDisk, TuneUp Utilities, Window Washer, Nod32, Bo-Clean, SuperAntiSpyware Pro, Spyware Blaster, Comodo Firewall Pro.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
In Runtime

Default Re: What are the best anti-spyware, anti-virus and firewall software out now?

Your asking a very big question there. As we all know, there are loads of anit-virus protection and spyware programs out there and alot of testing has come into play.

I have used and install alot of virus protection and have found that Norton is the worst. Now the reason i say that is becuase norton is a space hungry program, it will use alot of space on your PC with app's you dont even need and its a pain in the butt to totally uninstall. I found NOD32 or TrentMirco are one of the best out there. NOD32 does what its told and is easy to use. TrentMirco is a good program becuase it comes with Virus protection/ Spyware protection and Firewall.

If you want your own spyware program - Both Spybot 1.4 and Adaware are free and leading the market. Microsoft Spyware protection is good, but like everything Microsoft you will need to pay. Hope that helped
joelbeveridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:00 PM   #4
In Runtime

McAfee Virus Scan, McAFee Firewall, Spyware Nuker, NoAdware, Ashampoo Antispyware, Windows Defender.

All of the above except Windows Defender cost money. I have McAfee Security Center so that's why I have those two McAfee software. The Security sweet comes with a privacy protector and spam blocker, but the spam thing doesn't allow me to recieve any emails at all and the privacy thing just screws itself up on me.

Those are all of the ones I use on my rigs. All are very good.
AMD RULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
Golden Master

I tried Avast and it really is good. It even blocks spywares.

NOD32 is alright, but I haven't tried it long enough.

Norton is GH3Y
MCafee is...meh, not good enough

AVG doesn't seem to be bad but the free edition WILL NOT delete the virus in the full scans.

Panda is good, but a little...annoying.

Ad-Aware SE is good, but it doesn't really tackle crap.
Spybot is amazing
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote