Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default What All in One Printer

My HP all in one photosmart C4180 has died. Am looking at a few at Wal-Mart. HP 6500, HP deskjet F4640, HP deskjet F4440, and a Cannon MX320. Fax is not important, but I am looking for quality in print/photo scan and print. Any suggestions?

KA5ROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: What All in One Printer

If you had good results with your current printer, get another HP. They are known for putting out quality products. As for me, I'm enjoying my $30 Lexmark X2500 that I purchased from Wal-Mart last year.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:01 AM   #3
Omnicide now.

I like epson printers personally. I have a Workforce 600 (good printer, but not the best for photos) and an artisan 810 (the best prints I have ever seen.)

So, what will you be printing, and what is your budget? For photos, definitely get an artisan series, they have the best print quality of any printer out there AFAIK.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
Baseband Member

I would spend up to $300 for a printer. I would like it to do Good photos, the part scanner is a must. I want to scan existing photos and ID them. I have several that are 80+ years old, and I am the only one living who can say who is in the photo. My mother Id most but there are several that are not. It would be ashamed to have a stack of pictures not knowing who these people are, only that they are family way back when.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

I have the Epson workforce 610 and it's wonderful. Like foothead said it's not the best at pictures but it's better than the old lexmark my parents have.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-391-_-Product

If you can afford to wait a little bit, order from newegg. 9 times out of 10 they are cheaper than walmart even after shipping.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
Omnicide now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA5ROW View Post
I would spend up to $300 for a printer. I would like it to do Good photos, the part scanner is a must. I want to scan existing photos and ID them. I have several that are 80+ years old, and I am the only one living who can say who is in the photo. My mother Id most but there are several that are not. It would be ashamed to have a stack of pictures not knowing who these people are, only that they are family way back when.
Artisan 810, hands down. Your mind will be blown by what this printer is capable of doing. It comes with full ink cartridges too.

Just please, please, please do not be one of those people who prints their photos on computer paper. Buy some nice photo paper with it, and you will understand what this thing is capable of.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=artisan%20810
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
It comes with full ink cartridges too.
And individual colors. Nothing is more of waste of money than throwing out a multi-color cartridge because one color is out and the rest are fine

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:37 PM   #8
Baseband Member

Wow I am impressed with the specs of the Artisan 810. I just may order one next week. Thanks for the input.

I work a lot of hours like 72 Hrs per week for weeks on end at times. What PO's me on the HP the Photosmart C4180 was that I have printed only one page, the day I hooked it up.
A month later when things slowed down enough for me to get a few days off the paper jammed every time. I called HP support after a few days at trying they said they would send me part of a refurbished printer and to take parts from it and mine and make one good printer. "That sucked" I bought a new printer they should send me a new printer to replace it with. Sometime in the last 6 months it quit scanning, still prints but no scan. I have done everything. Uninstalled and reinstalled software downloaded the latest software and nothing. Even called HP then they said for $34.95 we will try to help me. I said No I am not paying you $34.95 to tell me I need a new printer. End of Story. So most likely my printer was doomed from the beginning.

Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

AMD Phenom II X6 1100 OC @ 3.840 Ghz | 16 Gb Kingston HyperX DDR3| Asus Radeon 6970 | Plextor 12X Blu Ray Burner | Plextor 128 Gb SSD Drive |