what is AIM and myspace doing to my computer!?!?

GreatHype

Daemon Poster
Well some of you know that I share a computer with my sister and that its horrible. Anyway the past few times I've gotten on the computer right after my sister I've noticed that the CPU temperature has gone up considerably high. It rises 18C (30C-48C) and all she does is talk to people on AIM and look at myspaces. I don't know how she does it, but it happens. I look at CF, XB forums, listen to music, and sometimes get on aim and the temperature stays around 30C for me. Can someone please tell me whats going on. Help is much appreciated.

Just a background running program.. something maybe like netnanny. Like if shes younger, then, maybe for her username on the computer, it is set to only on that username..

I have the same cpu and nothing is wrong. All you have is stuff running in the background that is hogging up a lot of ram space and cpu power. Try to turn that off by going to START-RUN a menu will come up and type in MSCONFIG then click START UP tab and then click DISABLE all or if you know what your doing turn off the things you know you don't need. With your cpu temp being high well if it goes over 55c then I would be concern, but its not going to hurt your cpu.

alright I'll try to uncheck some start-up programs... I've got speedfan alerts on for CPU temp and if it goes over 55C it will tell me.

Check your start-up programs and try not to keep AIM open for too long. It uses up RAM, especially AIM Triton. I'm not sure about MySpace, but it may be the Temporary Internet Files and the Cookies.

alvino said:
Check your start-up programs and try not to keep AIM open for too long. It uses up RAM, especially AIM Triton. I'm not sure about MySpace, but it may be the Temporary Internet Files and the Cookies.

Aim doesnt really take that much ram. Well triton does. But for myspace, it all depends on the page your viewing. Like if its got a lot of html on it, then, its gonna have some problems. I miean will all the surveys, backgrounds, layouts, raining objects, videos, little macromedia flash stuff. All that uses ram, as far as i know. Well at least its hard hard for the computer to run it all at once. Unles you have an INtel like me, and it blows everything away :)

Back
Top Bottom